I am a very good listener and I am very good at assessing a student's current drawbacks and where they need the most improvement. I help students understand math in an easy way by allowing to visualize and conceptualize key ideas in ways that helped me throughout my life. The classes start with a brief Q&A, to see what was the subject that the student learnt previously and or to find out the areas that they may be struggling with. This discussion is also like a worm up process to get everyone in the perfect mindset of learning. I believe that people learn in different ways so I usually lead the classes with the teaching method that is usually used in classrooms, but more individually as I will be working with one or a small group of people. As I've learned in my previous tutoring experience, that people understand the material differently if I feel that the students are having a hard time with the subjects I wave the methods so it can fit their needs and understanding.
I am a second year university student (majoring in sciences) who is passionate about Math. I have taken AP Math courses back in high school. I love to help and tutor people. I have previous experience in tutoring (for about 3-4 years of experience) as I took a peer tutoring course during my high school years. I can tutor high school students individually or in groups if need be. I have mentored quite a few people throughout my years as a tutor, and have seen how most student improve throughout our classes. My only wish is to help students learn and understand the material better.
• Creative, hardworking, and reliable worker.
• Strong oral communicator, leadership experience, and quick learner.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience in using both Microsoft- and Mac-based computer platforms.
• Good at explaining different subjects in various ways.
• Understandable ways of teaching.
• Enjoy tutoring and try to help the student in the best way I can, regardless of the subject
• Study in medicine
• Do research
• Creative writing and drawing – story writing
• Exercise – play basketball/ volleyball
• Music – play flute
Abilities and certificates
• Basketball player for the school team 2016 - 2019
• Played basketball 2009 – present
• Flute Player 2009 - present
• Volleyball player 2017 – present
• Grade 9 Concert Band 2016 - 2016
• School Orchestra band 2017 – present
• First aid certificate 2017 - 2019
• Certificate to volunteer with west Vancouver community center
• Fluent in Persian/ Farsi language
• Research exact in the school red cross club
• Students’ Council 2016 - 2017
• Yearbook Committee – photographer 2016 - present
• Peer tutoring 2017 - present
• Ava music – Christmas Concert program 2017
• School library – volunteer during lunch time 2017 - 2019
• School based – after school help 2016 - 2018
• Volleyball score keeper and referee 2017 - 2018
• Sunrise of Lynn Valley – volunteer at senior living 2018 - present
Sentinel secondary school 2016 - 2019
British Columbia, Vancouver
Simon Fraser University
British Columbia, Burnaby
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|