- Hourly rate $45
- Response Time 2h
- Number of students 8
1st lesson is free!
92nd Percentile MCAT Tester, 5 years of tutoring experience, offering MCAT Prep Tutoring. Get your dream score with me! First class is free!
- Richmond Hill
- By webcam
Ryan is one of our best tutors. High-quality profile and excellent qualifications, organised and responsive to lesson requests, appreciated by their students!
About the lesson
Hello! I am offering MCAT preparation lessons for individuals of all skill levels. I use a personalized teaching approach in which we will tackle topics or issues that are most difficult for you. I will break down complex concepts into simple terms so that you can best understand them. We will also complete practice problems (including UWorld!) and I will show you how to conduct these problems in a step-by-step approach.
A typical lesson includes:
1) Reviewing topics
2) Giving you some practice problems (UWorld, JackWestin etc.)
3) Going over answers to these practice problems in a step-by-step approach.
4) Assigning you homework to do for next session so we can maximize our lesson efficiencies.
Why choose me?
1) I have been tutoring for 5 years and have experience tutoring the MCAT. I am proficient in simplifying complex topics in layman's terms so my students can understand.
2) Unlike other tutors, I have actually taken the MCAT personally. I achieved a 516 on the MCAT (128 CP, 128 CARS, 130 BB, 130 PS) first try, self-taught, last year. In my journey to obtain this score, I know which areas of the MCAT are commonly misunderstood, high-yield topics, and common tricks that the task-makers use to separate the top test-scorers from the rest. Additionally, I am happy to share with you my own personal experiences taking the MCAT and the study techniques that helped me improve my score from 505 (my first practice exam) to 516 (the actual exam). I attribute much of my success on this exam to these techniques.
3) I am non-judgemental, and motivating, and create a positive environment during our sessions. It does not matter whether you are just starting out to study for your exam or if you are almost ready to take your exam: I will always answer your questions without judgment and will explain topics again if need be. I believe that there are no "stupid questions". I encourage my students when they get questions correctly and for incorrect solutions, I will break down why they got the question incorrectly. I will never shame my students for not understanding or knowing a topic: at the end of the day, my duty as a tutor is to help elevate your performance. Your success is my success!
4) I can help hold you accountable. A large part of success in the MCAT is practice: I can say with confidence that without sufficient practice you will not achieve your dream MCAT score. Unfortunately, in the current age, it is easy to fall victim to electronics and get distracted from your goals. I ask my students about their study goals, their performance goals, and the topics they aim to study in between tutoring sessions. I will then follow up with them regarding these goals in subsequent lessons. By acting as an accountability partner for my students, they will be inclined to stick to their study commitments. This ideology is proven by research. The likelihood of accomplishing a goal is 10%, however, once the commitment is shared with another individual and they hold you accountable for it, the odds of fulfilling a goal skyrockets to 95%! ((concealed information)
5) Accolades: 3.98 cGPA on the 4.0-grade scale (Bachelor of Medical Sciences, Western University, graduated 2022), 516 MCAT.
- Health and social sciences
- All Levels
I hold a bachelor's in Medical Sciences (BMSC, honours specialization in Physiology and Pharmacology) and have been tutoring for 5 years. I have taken the MCAT first-hand last year and have obtained a score of 516 (92 percentile) on my first attempt without the use of any external help or tutoring. I am able to tutor individuals of all levels of MCAT prep-from beginners to almost ready to take their MCAT. Using my help, students have been able to boost their scores. Come book a lesson to experience this first-hand: your first lesson is free!
Perfect! Ryan is very patient and caring and made my study experience delightful and helped me prep for my MCAT. I am sure you won't be able to find anyone else as trustworthy and smart as Ryan.
View more reviews
Ryan is a great instructor and detailed oriented teacher. I found him through Facebook and immediately contacted him. He Was patient and we went over the details of every Biology lesson.
I got a better score after and will definitely use him in future.
Ryan tutored me for highschool math. He really went out of his way to ensure that I understood the concepts clearly and explained in a concise manner. He did not hesitate to match my pace and did not judge when I did not understand something. I recommend his lessons 100%!!
Ryan has helped me solidifying my understanding in math topics that had caused me trouble before like the fundamental theorem of calculus. In particular, he did this by explaining complicated topics in layman terms so that I could easily understand them. Further, if I had any questions in my homework he would use a step-by-step approach to break down the problem and explain the relevant concepts. Overall, I recommend him to any student trying to improve in their studies.
Ryan emphasizes on understanding the concepts. He tries to explain difficult subjects in a manner which is easy to understand.
He was very good at chemistry and physics and helped me a lot in my final exams. I could get the marks that I have always dreamed. Thank you!
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $225
- 10 h: $450
- $ 45/h