Exam-oriented, use simple explanation and examples to help you understand difficult concepts. I am familiar with the format of accounting exams. I aim to train student to become independent learner which benefits them in long term. Fun is important in my class too!
I am an accounting graduate form UBC Sauder. I got a full-time offer from one of the Big4 firm. I tutored students from different levels and they all got what they wanted in the courses! I am more than a tutor to students, feel free to talk about your interests or your academic/career struggle with me!
Bachelor of Commerce, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Sep 2018 – Dec 2020
• CGPA: 76%
• Key courses: Intermediate Financial Accounting l (83%), Cost Accounting (80%)
Transfer program, Langara College, Vancouver BC Sep 2016 – Sep 2018
• Dean’s Honor Roll, Langara College (Fall 2016, Spring 2018)
• Key courses: Financial Accounting (95%), Managerial Accounting (90%)
Development and Alumni Engagement, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Jan 2019 – Jan 2020
• Successfully raised over $5,000 for initiatives across campus including student scholarships and bursaries, research programs, facilities and laboratory equipment by educating and pitching priority projects at the university to potential donors.
• Strengthened and expanding positive relationships between alumni and UBC by answering questions and promoting events at the university.
Grant Thornton Hong Kong Limited, Hong Kong, China Jun 2019 – Aug 2019
• Increased the accuracy and credibility of two listed construction companies’ financial statements by executing financial statement audits.
• Ensured the completeness of financial information by performing substantive tests on various accounts including cash and bank, accounts payable and direct costs with vouching at client sites.
Facilitator Feb 2017- Aug 2018
Peer Supported Learning Program, Langara College, Vancouver, BC
• Successfully tutored individuals and up to eight students in Accounting who improved one letter grade by customizing questions and study sessions according to students’ abilities and needs.
• Delivered specialized and various abstract accounting principles, standards and concepts to students through the implementation of team-based exercises and games resulting in a higher level of engagement and learning.
Vice President External
World Vision UBC Sept 2019 – April 2020
• Oversaw the event planning progress at weekly meetings with the Fundraising Department.
• Managed and monitoring the logistics of donations and staffing of fundraising events.
• Maintained strong relations and connected with companies to ensure future successful collaboration by contacting in person.
Event Coordinator Sep 2017 – Apr 2018
International Education Volunteer Program, Langara College, Vancouver, BC
• Led a team of three of planning and running the campus-wide events of Halloween and Lunar New Year Celebration by communicating with clubs involving.
• Met with the executives’ team on a monthly basis to discuss up-coming event budget, progress of each event .
• Fluent English, Cantonese, Mandarin
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management and business administration lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, economics lessons for all!
Taking business lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|