My teaching experience is based on learners centered learning. I like to structure my class in small and large groups so that students can learn from each others. I feel that lecture works but students can contribute to their learning experiences.
I am a recent graduate from the university of Athabasca with a Master of Arts Degree in Integrated Studies in Adult Education. Previously, I tutored Mathematics in an elementary school and also did supply teaching in high schools. I also worked as a Mathematics instructor in private schools.
60 Bob O’Link Ave, Concord, ON, L4K 1H2
(concealed information) | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
Highlight of Qualifications:
• 3 years of experience supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
• 5 years of experience teaching children with special needs
• Master’s Degree in Adult Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Adult Education
• Bachelor of Arts in English, and Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
• Strong computer skills: MS Office with Computer Programming and Operating Diploma
• Outstanding communication, documentation, behavioral management, and cognitive problem-solving skills
Support Assistant, Various settings
• Facilitated discussion groups and skills sessions to program participants
• Prepared relevant resources and handouts for the communication groups
• Assisted clients upon arrival/departure and with the set up and cleanup refreshment breaks
• Participated in ongoing learning to keep up-to-date on current sector trends
• Demonstrated appropriate judgment and behavior in emergency situation
Communication / Administrative Skills
• Maintained/ built a great rapport with clients and community partners
• Handled all incoming and outgoing calls at a busy work environment
• Promoted customer awareness of banking products and their benefits
• Handled space booking, calendar invitations, meeting note taking, preparing refreshments
• Successfully demonstrated case management skills by keeping accurate track of statistics, group attendance records, timely case notes
• Handled client intakes and registrations friendly by collecting accurate information
• Updated clients’ accounts in the computer system regularly in regulation with the institutional policies and procedures
• Monitored daily attendance and provided the accurate record to each student in compliances with the school regulations and policies
• Support Assistant, Programs at REENA & March of Dimes, GTA 2016 - Present
• Administrative Representative, City of Toronto, Toronto, ON 2011 – 2015
• Customer Service Representative, TD Bank, Toronto, ON 2005 – 2014
• Supply Teacher, Durham School Board, Whitby, ON 2000 – 2001
• Tutor, York Region School Board, York Region, ON 1998 – 1999
• WRAP Peer Support Program (Part 1), Krasman Centre 2017
• Master’s Degree in Adult Education, Athabasca University 2017
• Bachelor of Education in Adult Education, Brock University 2007
• Bachelors of Arts and Science, York University 2003
• Diploma in Computer Programming and Operation, Seneca College 1982
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$23||Not available||Not available|
|5 hours||$21||Not available||Not available|
|10 hours||$20||Not available||Not available|