My teaching methods are flexible. Each person understands math differently. I like to figure out the way that works best for a student and help them grasp the basics so they are not afraid of math anymore but find it enjoyable. I also like using practical examples to help students understand math and science.
I am an engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering. I have studied Aviation Maintenance Technology afterwards and I have worked in the automotive and construction industry. I have been tutoring students part-time since I was back in high school.
Major: Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician
College Diploma Expected December 2021
Algonquin College, Ottawa, Canada
Major: Aviation Maintenance Technology
Associate in Science
Orange Coast College, California, USA May 2016
Major: Aerospace Engineering
Bachelors in Engineering (BEng Hons) June 2012
University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
2007 - Present
• Teaching math and physics to High School Students.
• Tutoring college student in science-based subjects
• Teaching different subjects to students below high school level
September 2012 – May 2014, September 2017 – February 2020
Hassan and Associates Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Regulated electro-mechanical equipment, such as lift, generator, substation.
• Delegated construction site work, such as electrical wiring, plumbing, painting, etc.
• Designed and created for the company website and designed digital advertisements using Adobe
photoshop and illustrator.
Mechanic/ Electric technician and Engineer
September 2016 - July 2017
N2A Motors, California, USA
• Created design drawings for prototype cars using CATIA V5
• Disassembled and assembled car parts, engines, transmission
• Installed and assessed electrical wiring using soldering and crimping, and multimeters
• Remodeled, repaired and replaced car body parts using fiberglass, carbon fiber, aluminum, and steel
December 2012 – September 2013
Technical Service Department, Regent Airways, Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Recorded defects and reports from aircraft maintenance log and calculated alert level
• Calculated and prepared quarterly reliability reports
• Kept records of daily engine trend data for Trend Analysis
• Updated revisions of aircraft manuals and maintained new aircraft manuals, created procedure
manuals for different sections of the engineering department
• Kept records of Airworthiness Directive and Service Bulletins, and created work order accordingly
Certification: Eco-business Innovation, FAA Aircraft Mechanic
Software: CATIA v5, Solidworks, ANSYS, MATLAB, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Tools: Basic hand tools, air-driven saw, sander, drill, rivet gun, machining tools, electric saw, drill
Language: English (Fluent), Bangla (Native), Hindi (Intermediate), French (Basic)
Adhora is an amazing teacher! She is so friendly and makes learning so much fun. She taught me maths and made sure that I understood the basic concepst first. Apart from that even when I stuggled with a topic she was very patient with me. I think whoever gets her as a teacher will surely learn a lot!
Adhora was very helpful and patient as a tutor. She also makes the lessons enjoyable. My marks greatly improved after taking lessons from her. Wishing her all the best!
Adhora has an ability to explain very complex problems in a easy manner. She is very motivating and pushes you to do better. I remember when I couldn’t do a math problem and wanted to give up but she did not let me and helped me without giving the answer. With her assigned homework and quizzes I felt more confident in my abilities. I would definitely recommend her as a teacher!
She's really good at explaining everything in detail and is extremely dedicated! She made question papers for me before my final exams which I found to be very helpful and they also boosted my confidence and helped me do well in my exams.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||$65||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||$130||Not available||$150|