As a student aide, I encourage students to help out other students. I find that teaching others enhances your own understanding of the subject and aids others in finding their mistake. This creates a mutual relationship between two people that is beneficial. Each time that I help my students solve a problem, I always look for more effective ways of my approach. As a tutor, I plan to bring out the full potential of my students. I want my students to learn a lot and share their learning experience with others. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I am available if you need help with any math, physics, chemistry or mechanical engineering courses.
My name is Mahbub and I'm an undergraduate from the City College of New York. I have been teaching students of all ages for approximately 4 years now in my school. I am well known by numerous math and science professors in my college for being an outstanding student assistant. As an current alumni, I experienced the struggles that student go through inside the classroom and able to communicate with all my students at a personal level. I try to help as much students as possible and always follow up with their progress. I pay close attention to students who are not performing well so I can help them catch up with the rest of the class. This is extremely important because many students do not feel comfortable speaking asking for help when they need it. Moreover, during my senior year, I have been awarded the best student aide of the semester by my department. All my students achieved either a B or above in all of their math and science courses.
3980 Orloff Avenue, Apt.6F Bronx, NY 10463
(concealed information) (concealed information)
Dedicated tutor who loves helping students succeed in their academics. Specializes in math, science and engineering courses. Uses creative techniques and teaching methods to assist students in understanding concepts that are difficult to grasp.
The City College of New York (CCNY), New York, NY
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering: December 2017 GPA: 3.22
• Good understanding of all teaching methods and learning styles
• Able to convey material to students in an easy to understand manner
• Assist students with homework questions and exam preparation strategies
• Strong teaching, presentation, verbal and written communication
1556 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10128 May 2018 – Present
Part-Time Tutor, Huntington learning Center
• Developed curriculums that hone the skills that students need to achieve independent success
• Determined the areas that students have difficulties in and closed the gaps in their academic skills
• Supervised students doing academic work and reported their progress to the next person who will work with them
1714 N. Damen Avenue Suite 3N Chicago, IL 60647 December 2017 – May 2018
Engineering Tutor, Wyzant
• Built relationship with parents in order to better understand the student’s needs and give them feedback
• Helped students review and understand previous lessons to make connections with new ones
• Implemented pre- made lesson plans to help students understand concepts using a variety of activities
City College of New York, NY, NY October 2016 - December 2017
College Assistant, Dean of Engineering
• Provided one-on-one attention to struggling students, enabling them to reach or exceed course expectations
• Encouraged students to develop academic confidence and self-sufficiency in weak subjects
• Worked cooperatively with other faculty to successfully manage large groups of students
4200 South Freeway Suite 608 Fort Worth, TX 76115 September 2015 – October 2016
Math and Science Tutor, Frog Tutoring
• Assisted students in acquiring a better understanding of weak areas within a subject
• Prepared weekly lesson plans to help students prepare for their courses
• Analyzed and maintained records of the student's progress to teach individual needs
City College of New York, NY, NY February 2014 – September 2015
Chemistry Teacher’s Assistance, Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL)
• Helped students understand key concepts of General Chemistry and relevant coursework
• Led recitation sessions for General Chemistry I and II
• Encouraged students to participate, administered weekly quizzes and kept track of attendance
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest logic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking algorithms lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|