My teaching methods are more focussed on getting the fundamentals right and making the bus move! My mantra to excellence in academics is "PRACTISING THE BASIS"
I continuously mentor students to achieve the best potential academically and professionally while building mutual relationships.
I am experienced in tutoring for fundamentals in Accounting, Advanced Financial Reporting and Taxation, Economics, Business Law, Business Management and Management Accounting for 10+ years. I am also experienced in providing comprehensive support in assignments for Finance students in covering work using spreadsheet, accounting software and skilled in using sharepoint, onedrive.
Leading mentorship programs for students who expect to pursue careers in Finance and Business.
Ability work while developing good inter-personal relationships and maintaining a strong work ethic, highly organized, positive attitudes, flexibility, attention to detail and high organizational skills.
Tutor – Accounting, Finance, Business and Economics October 2019 – To date
• Delivering instructions that meets module requirements and objectives as set out in the syllabus.
• Evaluation of student performances in term exams under set guidelines fairly and consistently.
• Mentoring and reviewing students during group presentations and other placements within college and university to uplift their performance.
• Supporting the administrative functions of the college to improve the student experience.
Tutor – Advanced Financial Reporting and Taxation, Economics April 2016 - October 2019
Royal Institute of International Studies, Colombo 05, Sri Lanka
• Tutoring experience in Financial Accounting, Economics, Operations Management and Management Accounting over 3+ years for students studying CIMA (UK), ACCA (UK) and BSc. in Accounting at Robert Gorden University, Aberdeen, UK.
• Coaching students for group presentations and assignments with the university and covering the syllabus
• Conducting boot camps for students sitting for exams to cover up on the sessions missed and conducting rapid comprehensive revision.
• Leading one to one sessions with students to cover special requirements and spearheading Learning Management System while compiling tutorials and materials (LMS)
Private Tutor – Accounting, Business Studies and Economics August 2014 - March 2016
Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Teaching for Accounting students following various courseworks in different universities locally and internationally covering subjects such as IAS, Taxation, Costing methods, Budgeting principles, etc.
• Conducting private tutoring sessions for high schools students majoring in Commerce, Business Studies, Economics, and Accounting.
• Compiling tutorials, assignments and materials for the Economics, Business Studies and Accounting.
• Conducting seminars during exam seasons for college students and invigilation.
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) BC, Canada
Associate member (Expected in December 2019)
Northumbria University United Kingdom
Bachelor of Science majoring Business Management (December 2018)
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) United Kingdom
Associate member specializing in Management Accounting (October 2017)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
Certified Practi¬¬sing Accountants (CPA) Australia
Associate membership in the Institute (November 2017)
Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Sri Lanka
Senior Accounting Technician (November 2017)
Trained in People Management and Constructive feedback process
Job family based lean training – MAS Holdings Lean Academy
Chamika is known to be a talented tutor and I have worked with him for several years. His knowledge in Accounting and Finance and years of experience in the corporate field strongly impact students to acquire best results. Therefore, I highly recommend Chamika for all sort of student education needs.
I'm writing to recommend Chamika.
I have known Chamika personally and professionally nearly five years. He has been kind and helpful when its come for tutoring. I have learnt Economics and Accounting during my high school under Chamika and I believe He is one of the best in the industry to inspire and mentor anyone who is goal oriented.
Chamika is an outstanding lecturer in Accounting, Finance, Economics. I have been learning from him for the last five years during my university and high school. He is one of most qualified and trained tutors I have ever worked with.
Great Tutor! He made me feel much more confident and prepared for the exam! I would highly recommend Chamika for tutoring as he explains every topic in a very understandable manner! Thank you very much Chamika!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microeconomics lessons for all!
Taking finance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|