I teach by showing the recipe and using accessible cooking material. A typical class would include me showing how I cook while asking the student to follow my steps. My recipe is special as it combines my understanding of Asian culture, with ingredients accessible in Canada.
Cooking is my passion. I am a Sociology student that is passionate about multiculturalism and different cuisine. Growing up in Asia then living in Canada, I have come up with ways to fusion Asian cuisine with what is accessible to me in Canada. Viet beef ball pasta, pho-flavoured spaghetti, Chinese pho, and Chinese-flavoured Korean Gamjatang are my inventions!
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Sociology, Minor in Business Studies
Jan 2017 - Present, Montréal, Québec, Canada
Multiculturalism, Academic writing, Qualitative and Quantitative research, Communication, Statistics, Critical Thinking, Goal-Oriented
English, Chinese, French
Cook for domestic events
2018 - Present
Holding family events at home and cook for groups of guests
Montréal Chinese Cultural and Art Foundation
Jan - Nov 2019, Montréal
MTL News Media
2017 - 2018, Montréal
Sept Days News Media
Dahe Daily News
2013 - 2016, Henan, China
- Conceived, edited and reported local news and events
- Organised communal events and sports competition, interviewed event participants and updated news content
- Executed on news content based on ad hoc requests while maintaining content consistency
- Capacity to produce quality contents and meet deadlines
- Bridged Canadian Chinese culture and Québécois culture based on personal profound understanding of multiculturalism, ethnicity, Chinese art, history and literature
IELTS Instructor & Course Analyst
Ideal Union Inc.
Jan - Nov 2019, Montréal
Independent English tutor
July - Present, Montréal
- Adjust, advise and generate course content to adapt to students’ needs
- Contribute to the course content development
- Monitor students’ workflow and stay up-to-date on students’ learning process
- Participate in the development of organisational business plan and analysis of market segments
She is great tutor, she helped me to get rid of my Indian accent. 100% recommend.
I worked with Xiang in a university project. She was very organized and always meets the deadline. Her work is very professional and clear. She is the person that goes the extra mile in her work. She even volunteered to reedit a whole part of the project that was done by a colleague because it needed a lot of modification. Always a pleasure to work with her. Xiang has the character of an effective leader organizing everything and making sure that everyone understands his part of work. I would definitely recommend Xiang to the Superprof members.
I appreciate the rigour of Xiang about small details. It helped me to master my knowledge about English, from good to great. I would recommend Xiang for any level.
I was personally looking for advice in social science when I met Xiang. We often met to discuss this topic, and as I am a native French speaker, she gave me pieces of advice and corrected my grammar mistakes in English. Xiang is always invested in the success of her students and will provide you with the motivation to improve.
Xiang is an expert in explaining the academics behind certain topics with vivid examples for students to learn from. She would make your learning curve grow exponentially so buckle up and enjoy the ride!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest traditional cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, asian cuisine lessons for all!
Taking thai cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|