I believe there is so much more to music than the fundamentals and my mission is to make music an outlet for students so that they can connect deeply with the music and express their emotions through the cello.
My teaching methodology:
- Identify immediate and long-term goals, objectives of the student.
- Evaluate student’s understanding of music and performance
- Customize cello lessons for each individual and maximizing their learning outcome so that their goals can be achieved
- Provide engaging and stress-free environment so that students can have fun and get the most out of each lesson.
- I can teach all levels of RCM repertoire, Bach Suites, Tangos, Concertos, Sonatas and any song a student wants to play!
If you have any questions regarding my methodology or my classes, please do not hesitate to contact me! I am more than happy to listen to your concerns and requests!
I have been taught by Bo Peng, who has studied with the distinguished cellist, Janos Starker, for the majority of my 16 years of experience. I am RCM grade 10 certified and have prepared for ARCT material as well. I am competent in teaching advanced bow techniques as well as fundamentals such as scales and basic theory.
I have played for VYSO Senior conducted by Roger Cole and Richmond Chinese Orchestra and Vocal conducted by Jin Zhang for 8 years. I also participated in many competitions as a chamber musician and have placed 2nd place in BC Provincial Kiwanis Festival. Not only that, I have participated in Casalmaggiore Music Festival in Italy as a soloist and a chamber musician. For three weeks, I have played in many recitals and had master classes from Sung Won Yang. I have been teaching students of all ages since 2016 and have continued to volunteer in coaching youth recitals arranged by my teacher.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|