I like to think of myself as a creative teacher. I try to use everyday objects to explain difficult concepts in chemistry and biology. For instance using a golf ball and a stadium to give an idea of an atom and its electron cloud respectively. I try and make learning fun by using biological models and images/movies highlighting the everyday use of the concepts I am teaching.
I am a Ph.D student in biochemistry at the University of Toronto. I have extensive experience in tutoring in biology and chemistry at the graduate and undergraduate level (3+ years). I have also taught related subjects in colleges (2+ years).
2007: Master of Science in Biochemistry, Ohio State University., U. S.A
2001: M. Sc Biotechnology, I.I.T. Roorkee, India
1999: B. Sc Microbiology, Delhi University, India
• Taught Biochemistry, Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology at Brown Mackie College, Cincinnati, USA
• Taught recitations and labs for chemistry 102 (organic chemistry) for two years at the Ohio State University , USA
• Was an instructor for chemistry 121 ( physical chemistry) for a quarter at the Ohio State University, USA
• Teaching at the graduate level in microbiology for a year, at Delhi University, India.
• Taught at schools – primary and high schools in India.
• Very comfortable with multicultural backgrounds and students with disabilities , including spastics.
• Excellent Training/Teaching skills. Was nominated for the GATA award (Graduate Associate Teaching Award ) in Ohio State University amongst 3000 candidates.
• Excellent team player, Strong team orientation & leadership qualities, Very patient, hard working and enthusiastic.
• Excellent logical/analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$25|