My teaching method is highly tailored to the needs of the individual student. I recognize that everyone learns differently and I make it my mission to teach each student in a unique and personalized fashion. I am a patient and encouraging teacher that seeks to inspire my students to reach their goals and fulfill their academic potential.
I graduated from the WLU BSc. Biology program (Chemistry minor) with high distinction and have a passion for all things biology. I love to share my knowledge in easy to understand and creative ways. My teaching experience includes private tutoring and teaching assistantships. I also have research experience which has given me a deep understanding of molecular biology and microbiology.
Bachelor of Science, Biology | Wilfrid Laurier University
2014 – 2020
• Specialization in Cell, Molecular Biology, and Genetics with a minor in Chemistry.
• Cumulative 11.9 GPA (12 point grade scale).
• Recipient of Duncan MacLulich Silver Medal for outstanding academic achievement in Biology.
• Recipient of President’s Gold Scholarship (2014-2018).
• Completed simultaneously with BMus.
Bachelor of Music, Orchestral Performance | Wilfrid Laurier University
2014 – 2020
• Cumulative 11.1 GPA.
• Took on leadership opportunities including running student masterclasses,
• Recipient of Budd Family Music Award (2019) and Ross and Doris Dixon Music Scholarship (2014-2018).
• WLU Concerto Competition Finalist (2017).
• Principal clarinetist of WLU Symphony Orchestra (2016-2019).
Teaching Assistant | Wilfrid Laurier University
2018 – 2020
• BI266: Life on Earth- Plants, BI276: Life on Earth- Microbes, BI374: Physiological Applications of Microbiology
• Delivered pre-lab lectures on scientific theory and lab techniques relevant to the material covered in the lab session.
• Assisted students one-on-one to answer questions, explain concepts, clarify instructions, and provide demonstrations of lab techniques.
• Marked weekly quizzes and lab reports for 30 students.
• Communicated concepts orally in a concise and creative manner to better
student’s understanding of course material.
• Utilized organizational and planning skills to provide effective lessons in high school level math, biology, chemistry, and French courses.
• Utilized knowledge of high school curriculum to determine priorities and goals to direct student learning.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|