I value each individual's learning style and strive to understand what suits you best. Lessons are flexible, but based on problem solving and real world applications. I believe in creating an encouraging and supportive environment that fosters inquiry-based learning and student engagement. I specialize in high school subjects including upper-level Biology and Science. Helping students achieve their academic goals and interests is my priority.
I am a Biology graduate and teacher candidate at UBC. I specialize in Physiology and I love to teach Science. With over 9 years of experience, I am adaptable, flexible, and understanding of every student's needs. I have worked in educational settings such as Science World, UBC Geering Up, UBC Faculty of Education, and high schools in the lower mainland area. I teach in English, French, and Mandarin.
Travel distance 5+ km, $5+
University of British Columbia, Faculty of Science, 4th year Biology, 2020
• Leading hands-on STEM professional development events and workshops for teachers around the lower mainland
Teacher Pro-D Instructor
UBC Geering Up
UBC Geering Up
• Teaching STEM workshops in french to elementary school students across the lower mainland
UBC Geering Up
• Planning the 2019 high school Sustainability in Engineering Camp over five weeks
• Creating new science and engineering activities
• Ordering materials for 120 campers
Canvas Technology Rover, Co-op
Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology, UBC, Vancouver, B.C.
• Assisted with reviewing and redesigning courses migrated to Canvas, ensuring content was migrated over successfully, appropriate layout and content, and resolving issues that arise
• Provided Tier 1 support to faculty members in their departments by gathering information, analyzing systems, and providing resolutions
Science Facilitator, Co-op, Science World at TELUS World of Science, Vancouver, B.C.
• Positively influenced attitudes towards science, technology, and creative thinking by explaining exhibits and instructing curriculum-based workshops
• Provided customers with friendly, responsive service, including hosting OMNIMAX Theatre presentations
• Completed 2 projects: An activity on understanding scientific language for high school students, and an activity box about biomimicry
Genome BC: Geneskool Volunteer, Vancouver, B.C.
• Communicate and presenting genetic concepts to high school students by engaging them through hands-on activities
• Planning educational activities that teach students about Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
Orientation Leader, UBC Faculty of Science, Vancouver, B.C.
• Welcomed a group of 6 students entering university by guiding a campus tour and answered questions concerning school
• Supported these individuals through their first day of classes, midterm exams, and final exams by providing advice, encouragement, and academic aid
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|