I'm here to help students and approach the material in a way that is best suited for the students learning style. I am flexible and can adapt to different teaching styles. I aim to teach highschool or junior high students.
I am a biology student at the University of Alberta. I have taken courses in microbiology, cellular/molecular biology, physiology and more in which I have excelled in. I have also taken many university level laboratories and completed highschool with honors.
Education: University of Alberta, Bachelor of Science, double major in Biology and Psychology with Certificate in Sustainability
Work Experience: Alberta Centre for Sustainable Rural Communities (University of Alberta) as a Research Assistant
- Performed public health research on personal wellbeing indicators of the Battle River Watershed of Alberta, involving topics such as pulmonary and respiratory disease, coronary disease, and mental health
- Completed weekly time-sensitive scientific reports on new topics, and collaborated with team members for peer review and support
- extensively analyzed data and statistical indicators for conducting elaborate research
University of Alberta Venture Healthcare as an Intern
- Actively participated in workshops that enhanced critical thinking about contemporary healthcare issues, focusing on topics such as social and political determinants of health and well-being, and medical ethics
- job shadowed healthcare professionals in fields such as Occupational Therapy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Respiratory Therapy, and Pharmacy
- Collaborated with team members for proactive problem-solving and critical thinking relating to lecture topics such as the efficacy of public policy in Canadian healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with familiarity of scientific language and research
- Expertise in laboratory skills through extensive experience of biology and chemistry labs
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Rutherford Scholarship for Academic Excellence, WHMIS, HCS 3000: Workplace Safety Systems, LivingWorks Start, Psychological First Aid
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|