I base my classes on the student(s) and their needs and methods to succeed. I am extremely flexible and always open to new ideas and approaches to help in whichever manner the student(s) learn best. If preferred, diagrams and visual aid as well as auditory recordings or physical exercises based on the content will be provided in unison with the student's learning style.
I am a first year post secondary student studying Biomedical Science at Ryerson University in Toronto. I graduated high school at R.H. King Academy in Toronto with an honourable academic average of 93%. I currently maintain a 4.0 average. I am currently studying university level biology, chemistry, physics, and calculus, and have great knowledge and experience in elementary level sciences and math, and high school level biology, chemistry, physics, and math.
Average rate for elementary or middle-school students: $16.00/hour
For 5 hours: $15.50/hour
For 10 hours: $15.00/hour
Average rate for high school students: $18.00/hour
For 5 hours: $17.50/hour
For 10 hours: $17.00/hour
- Accustomed to balancing various priorities in fast-paced settings; schoolwork, employment, volunteering, and extracurricular activities
- Protect privacy of individuals and maintain confidentiality (hospital patient files)
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate with customers
- Retain valid “G2” Ontario Driver’s License with clean abstract
SEPTEMBER 2020 - PRESENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.SC.) IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE, RYERSON UNIVERSITY
- Expected graduation: June 2024
- Awarded Ryerson University Entry Scholarship for attaining an honorable academic average over 90% in U/M courses
- Key areas of study: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Calculus
SEPTEMBER 2016 - JUNE 2020
ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA, R.H. KING ACADEMY
- Graduated with ‘Gold K Honors’, by maintaining an academic average over 85%
- Participated in the R.H. King Future Leaders Leadership Program
SEPTEMBER 2018 – PRESENT
SERVER/CASHIER, DUCKWORTH’S FISH & CHIPS
- Deliver friendly and efficient service to ensure a pleasant dining experience for all guests
- Assist guests in an informative and helpful manner with making menu choices
- Maintain knowledge of current menu items, garnishes, ingredients and preparation method to respond to customer enquiries
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests paying by cash or point of sale system to ensure correct sale
- Complete tidy work by washing dishes, cutlery and trays, refilling condiments, cleaning tables and countertops to maintain a well-sanitized and healthy work environment
MAY 2019 – JULY 2019
SOCCER FIELD CONVENOR & LINESMAN, THE ROBBIE INTERNATIONAL SOCCER TOURNAMENT
- Confirm portable and permanent goal nets are properly secured to prevent potential hazards to players
- Provide clear and concise information and directions to players and guests, ensuring ease throughout the duration of the tournament
- Verified OSA Player Books and completed team check-ins to confirm validity of all participants
- Monitor play, off-sides, substitutions and incidents at sidelines during game time to establish fair and safe participation
- Retrieved game sheets from officials after each game played, checked each for accuracy, input and reported scores to league website for public view
JULY 2018 – AUGUST 2018
SUMMER STUDENT, TORONTO POLICE SERVICE YOUTH IN POLICING INITIATIVE
- Assisted Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Ball program to allow underprivileged youth in high-priority neighbourhoods the opportunity to participate in sport
- Responded to the public, and private parking concerns of the community and forwarded details of concerns to correct department for future positive change
- Assisted with maintaining an orderly flow of traffic to ensure road safety in construction zones
- Shadowed officers with the issuing and processing of parking infractions to gain knowledge of the legal system
- Chosen valedictorian at the ‘YIPI’ graduation ceremony to speak on behalf of over 150 students, ensuring recognition of achievements throughout the program duration
AUGUST 2019 – MARCH 2020
VOLUNTEER, SCARBOROUGH HEALTH NETWORK - GENERAL SITE
- Answered phones and responded to inquiries at Maternity Ward front desk, providing accurate information to callers and visitors to satisfy any concerns.
- Transferred wheelchair patients to required areas within the hospital by properly securing the individual and any belongings to ensure safety.
- Managed and organized patient documents in a timely manner and ensured correct file placements to prevent loss of documents or breach of privacy
- Relocated newborn babies from delivery to post-natal rooms for continued medical care during remainder of hospital stay
MARCH 2019 – JULY 2019
GRASSROOTS SOCCER ASSISTANT COACH, WEST ROUGE SOCCER CLUB
- Assisted and supervised young players to gain confidence and achieve skills, increasing their faith in the ability to play soccer.
- Prepared and led physical (agility and coordination) and technical (shooting and passing) soccer drills to polish and finesse players technique
- Incorporated social/emotional (communication and respect) and psychological (decision making and selfconfidence) skills within training to promote player self-development
- Created training sessions in a supportive, positive and safe environment which resulted in the willingness to learn and return
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$160|