The decision to learn Arabic is a bold step, especially if you live in Montreal, a rich and multilingual city in Quebec. There has been an impression on people that learning Arabic is challenging. Well, it isn’t difficult. There is nothing you set your mind to do that you can’t achieve, especially when it comes to language skills in Canada.
On Superprof, you can easily find certified and trained Arabic teachers that would teach you at your convenience, either at your place of home, your home or anywhere. Furthermore, you can decide on which day of the week you can conveniently take lessons with your tutor. Superprof tutors are highly flexible and can work with your schedule irrespective of its nature. So how can you learn this amazing language that is spoken by millions of people globally?
How You Can Learn the Arabic Language in Montreal
There are several ways to learn the Arabic language in Montreal. Its recommended to go for the option that suits you the most. This can also depend on your location within the city of Montreal, your budget and preferences.
- Start with the basics of the Arabic language
Before acquiring knowledge of the Arabic language, most students learn how to write in the Arabic language without knowing what it entails first. So funny! What you ought to obtain from the basics is to understand how to identify Arabic words, how to read and write them, how to pronounce them correctly, identify the rhetoric, syntax, etymology, and morphology. Also, its lexicology, grammar, and vocabulary are inclusive. Furthermore, identifying the Arabic alphabet is very important because, without them, you can know little or nothing about its grammatical structure. If you can remember vividly, you will notice that before you began to speak the English language, you needed to learn the letters in English, then, it graduated to words, then its structure. That is the same case with the Arabic language.
- Decide on the type of Arabic language you want to learn
It is recorded that close to 30 countries speak the Arabic language as their official language. However, these different countries have their special assent of the Arabic language which they speak. So, before you enroll for any lessons on Arabic language, you need to know the type of Arabic language you want to learn, maybe the one spoken in Montreal or that of another region/country.
- Be conversant with the Arabic dictionary
To effectively use the Arabic dictionary, you need to know the root word that starts and end that word you are looking for, and not necessarily looking for the alphabet that begins that particular word, unlike the English dictionary. With constant practice, you will know the basics of how to identify and look for words in the Arabic dictionary. This is not an easy task to do, though, but with lots of commitment, practice, and dedication, you can do it.
- Indulge yourself with a constant study
This is one of the vital parts of acquiring the basics of the Arabic language in Montreal quickly. One of the best ways to learn the Arabic language is to communicate regularly with others using the language. Regular communication is the key to understand the Arabic and any other language you decide to learn in Montreal. If you keep at this, within a few months, you can easily construct a sentence, reply a question, ask questions and even write a story using this amazing language.
Fortunately, there are many Arab speakers in Montreal that will make this journey a smooth and worthy one for you.
See why you should learn the Arabic language in Toronto.
- Surround yourself with everything Arabic
This is the best way to remain conversant with the Arabic language after been tutored. Merely hearing the Arabic language is not enough. One of the best ways to improve on this language skill is to surround yourself with things that relates to your Arabic. This include: books, movies, habits, and even friends. When you surround yourself with people that speak this language, you can easily grasp its basics and practice your Arabic lessons with them. However, if you can’t find anyone to converse within the Arabic language in Montreal, you can easily find many people that are ready to talk to you across various online platforms. This, no doubt, would be of great help as you begin learning and studying the Arabic language.
Best ways to learn the Arabic language in Montreal
- Visual application: In Montreal, you can decide to receive your lecture online with the help of visual applications such as Skype, Zoom, and through other means. If the distance between you and the teacher is far, and you can’t commute to Arabic lessons nearest to you, you could consider this option. Across Montreal, there are dozens of qualified tutors that work remotely, teaching others how to speak and write in Arabic with ease. Superprof is a good place to hire these tutors and pay them on per hour basis to take lessons in Arabic.
- One-on-one class: This is another viable means of learning Arabic in Montreal. It involves either meeting your teacher or your teacher meeting you physically. It is also one of the best ways to learn a new language because you have the luxury of having direct contact with your teacher, asking and answering questions, and many other activities.
- Group lessons: Most times, a tutor who is highly skilled in Arabic may organise lessons for students who prefer to learn in a group setting. In such lessons, there is a bit of personalised learning and group interactions.
Students can share ideas before and after each lesson. This is also great for beginners with no previous knowledge about the language as well as others who can’t afford to pay for private tutoring sessions with the tutor.
Now that you know the various ways to improve your skills in Arabic, here are some ways to kickoff, get started almost immediately and stay committed as you learn a new language in Montreal. See whether you may be better off with online lessons.
This means the involvement in something that requires total energy, concentration, and time to learn what you need. So, to successfully develop skills in the Arabic language, you need to put much effort into it. It is not something that you are advised to do part-time. However, you can still do it. But for you to quickly finish your lecture session and become very knowledgeable about the Arabic language, you need to invest your time and resources into it.
- Commit yourself to one dialect
Since there are different assent of the Arabic language in other countries, it would be advisable to know the one Arab native speak in Montreal, then learn it. Trying to combine and learn different assent of different countries together is not advisable as a beginner. However, you can learn the Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) because it’s highly recommended for beginners in Montreal as well as a regular use of the Arabic dictionary. As you advance in your studies, also try to read most Arabic books and magazines to help you build your Arabic vocabulary.
How Long Does It Take To Learn The Arabic Language?
For you to be able to fluently speak the Arabic language, you must have dedicated several weeks, months, and even years to learning it. First of all, you need to understand the basics before trying to communicate with others using the language. Certainly, you can’t learn all the words, vocabulary, lexis, and structure in a day. So, it is a gradual process of learning and the time varies from one student to another. See where to find language learning programs in Calgary.
Tools Used To Help Learn the Basics of the Arabic Language
If you are interested in learning Arabic language in Montreal, there are several tools to help you as you take language lessons. These include:
- Books and magazines: These are publications that can help you learn the Arabic language. As you take Arabic lessons, you can also read books and magazines written in the Arabic language to boost your language skills. For beginners and learners, you can buy books like Mastering Arabic 1 by Jane Wightwick & Mahmoud Gaafar, and Secret Life of Saeed the Pessoptimist by Emile Habibi. You can buy some of these books in Montreal, or if not seen, you can order for them.
- Podcasts and videos: It is one of the best ways to learn the basics of the Arabic language. Reading books that is written in the Arabic language is acceptable, but watching videos that contain Arabic contents also boosts your understanding of the language. Watching videos where someone is transcribing the language is more memorable than just reading the Arabic book. See whether you can learn the Arabic language for free in Vancouver.
Furthermore, visually communicating with someone also enhances your knowledge of the language. Thanks to the power of the internet. You can easily access free lessons on Arabic by watching YouTube videos and watch podcasts that teach Arabic language for Beginners. This should help you as you learn the basics of the language. These websites and podcasts include arabiconline.eu, Audio Lingua, fivecolleges.edu, and many more. Read more about Arabic courses in Canada.
However, for more personalised assistance, you can hire a competent Arabic teacher to teach you at your convenience either online or at your preferred location.
What kind of Arabic tutoring should you seek?