Surrounded by mountains and with a wide offer of culture and entertainment, Vancouver is a city known for being as intercultural as it gets.
Are you looking for the best English schools in Vancouver? Do you want to know how to learn English with a private tutor? Are you looking for some resources to learn English online?
Keep reading to discover more about taking English classes in Vancouver and everything you need to know to succeed in your quest.
Do you want to find English classes in Ottawa?
YouTube Channels To Learn English
The regular English classes that you take as part of the academic curricula at your school, while studying at an English school in Vancouver or even with a private tutor will give you tons of knowledge and skills that will help you in your English learning journey.
Still, while you might already have books or classroom lessons, it is also important to have a variety of materials that promote learning beyond the regular tools. This is where YouTube comes into play.
YouTube videos f0r English learners are a great way for you to learn English and start practicing your English skills. Some of the pros of learning English with YouTube videos are:
- You can pause and rewind YouTube English videos whenever you need to so, contrary to lessons in a classroom, the speed of the learning is completely up to you.
- Many of the videos let you see the speaker’s mouths. This way you can better understand how their mouths move to create different English sounds.
- Most of the lessons are short but convey a lot of information in easy-to-understand ways.
- It is easier to focus and, if you miss out on something, you can always go back.
- It’s a great platform for creating, sharing and learning pretty much any skill you can think of. The best thing? It is free. All you need is a good internet connection.
Are you looking for an English class in Toronto?
That said, with the offer of YouTube channels to learn English being so wide, it is important to focus on the high quality videos that will actually get you where you need to be. Here are some YouTube channels you can check out when looking for English resources:
- Speak English With Mr. Duncan: this YouTube channel is run by Mr. Duncan, a teacher who is passionate about teaching English to the world for free, and does so through videos that he posts three days a week, live from his home in England. His YouTube content is fun, easy to watch and is focused on spoken and practical English instead of super broad grammar lessons.
- Learn English with EnglishClass101.com: these videos are designed for quick English language learning. They cover various aspects of American and British culture so it is a great way not only to discover the language but also the countries and their culture. On top of the YouTube channel, they have a complete English learning program with over 1,000 English language video and audio lessons.
- Easy English: this channel offers a series of real-life conversations and interactions with English speakers in real-life situations. From interviews on the street to simple questions, the videos are both interesting and easy enough for students to comprehend. You’ll pick up correct pronunciation and get used to hearing the language spoken by different people.
- BBC Learning English: this British institution publishes a new lesson on the BBC Learning English channel, designed to help you learn English effectively through various formats. They also have the BBC News Review, which is an informative feature where you will find reporters talking about different subjects. This segment is ideal for those students who want to start using language from the latest news items in their everyday English. Make sure to also check out their website, where they offer more English learning resources for people of all ages.
- Real English: this channel has a large library of free lessons. Each one of them includes two videos: one with subtitles and one without and a handful of exercises. What is great about the content is that it has real people and real-life situations, so you get a true feel for how people really speak English.
- On the GO with EF: their approach to YouTube videos is more entertaining. The idea is to take you on a virtual holiday while you learn. How do they do it? With the help of the EF Vloggers they take you to travel the world to show you some of the best cities and discuss languages and culture on the way. You’ll discover LA with Angelina, Cape Town with Maria, and Vancouver with Asia while learning the key phrases and vocabulary used in the videos.
- British Council, Learn English Kids: if you are looking for YouTube channels aimed for younger students, this might be the right tool for you. They have an array of songs, which have melodies and rhythms that help to create strong memories, vital for picking up new verbs, expressions and colloquialisms. This channel is packed with animated videos of nursery rhymes as well as video features entertaining cartoons and subtitles in English.
Which YouTube channel will you explore to improve your English skills? Keep reading to find out more about studying English in Vancouver.
Find out more about learning English in Montréal.
Find an English Class in Vancouver
Vancouver is among Canada’s densest, most ethnically diverse cities. This is why it is no wonder that so many people from across the world are looking for opportunities to learn English and find a real immersive experience in British Columbia.
If this is your case and you are looking for the best English schools in Vancouver, keep reading to find some of the options that are available to you.
- OHC English: OHC English Centres are one of the most expansive, accredited deliverers of English Language Courses and Programs in the world. Their English Programs have a maximum class size of 16 and include regular teacher guidance, feedback and communication. There is also a dynamic and busy social program for students to practice their English. Students can start most courses any Monday (excluding public holidays) studying from one week to a whole academic year.
- ILAC - International Language Academy of Canada: from General English to Cambridge English, IELTS preparation and University Pathway Programs, this school has a wide offer of English courses for students who are looking to improve their English skills.
- LSI - Language Studies International: they have campuses both in Toronto and Vancouver. In Vancouver, their language centre is located in the very heart of downtown, within easy walking distance of all of Vancouver’s major attractions. They have various courses that range from General courses to English for Business and Premium courses to Intensive Online programs.
- LAB - Languages Across Borders: Languages Across Borders (LAB) Vancouver is a well-known and award-winning language school in trendy Yaletown, the city’s downtown. According to their website, "Canadian-owned and in operations since 1992, LAB Vancouver provides quality English classes for students from over 100 countries. Offering a wide variety of English courses for all levels, LAB Vancouver's curriculum is diverse and designed to balance conversational and academic English."
- Oxford International Education: they are an accredited, private education provider that operates international colleges. They were founded in 1991 and have the option of having students join them for every stage of their academic journey.
- ILSC Language School: from General English to University Pathway to Creative and Cultural English, this language school has a wide variety of English courses to choose from. It is also worth noting that their Vancouver campus is an official test centre for IELTS and Cambridge. If you need one of these specialized language assessments for work, higher education, or immigration this is a great place to go.
- International House Vancouver: they have an emphasis on learning English communicatively to have students engaged in their personal learning process. IH Vancouver incorporates the CEFR and IHWO standards and divides into 14 levels to ensure classes are directed towards your specific needs. You can choose from General English, Business English, English for Academic Purposes and Exam Preparation classes.
Are you looking for a more personalised approach with a private English tutor in Vancouver? Keep reading to learn how Superprof can connect you to the best private tutors in Canada.
Find out more about learning English in Edmonton.
How To Learn English With a Private Tutor?
Are you looking for an English teacher online? Or maybe want to learn with a private tutor on a one-to-one setting? You've come to the right place.
Not only can Superprof connect you to the best online English teacher Canada, but also offer a wide range of teachers that can help you reach your English speaking goals.
Our platform is a great place to connect students and tutors that want to help each other through their learning paths. All you need to do is find the teachers available in your area! Are you ready to learn English with Superprof?
Find the best English tutors in Canada.
The platform that connects tutors and students