Ottawa, the capital city of Canada, is the fourth largest city in the country and home to famous national museums such as the Canadian Museum of History, The National Gallery of Canada, and Laurier House—to name a few.
When it comes to education, Ottawa has also high-quality education just like Toronto. In fact, it ranks as the most educated town in Canada. It has more engineers, scientists, and PhDs per capita compared to other large cities across the country.
Concerning this, Universities in Ottawa offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate chemistry courses to Canadian and international students who want to pursue a career in the field of Chemistry.
Chemistry Degree in Ottawa
Chemistry is all around us. It is also called the central science, which connects other sciences such as biology, physics, and environmental science. This subject is divided into material science, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and quantum. Moreover, Chemistry is also significant to other subjects, including:
- Material sciences
- Biological sciences
- Medical sciences
- Geology, and more
Here in Ottawa, students who obtain a Masteral degree in Chemistry or Master of Science can specialize in combinatorial chemistry, kinetics, photochemistry, cluster chemistry, theoretical chemistry and many more.
Thus, pursuing a Masteral and doctoral degree in Chemistry leads to career opportunities in research, pharmaceutics, chemical engineering, or the public sector. A graduate of master and doctorate courses in such fields may work as an engineer, analytical chemist, healthcare scientist, research scientist, and even toxicologist.
Where Can You Study Chemistry Courses in Ottawa?
Whether you want to pursue a bachelor’s degree, a Masteral, or Ph.D., looking for a university where you can continue your studies in Chemistry is quite a task. In choosing an institution, you should consider some factors such as tuition fee, faculties, university’s background, and their offered courses.
With that, here are 2 of the renowned universities in Ottawa that offer undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in chemistry. Check this out, and perhaps one of them could be the institution that you are looking for.
Taking Chemistry Courses at the University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa is one of the best schools in Canada and the largest bilingual university around the globe. This institution is nationally and internationally known for its growing international reputation, exceptional research, and a firm commitment to academic excellence.
Furthermore, the University of Ottawa advances in health, science and humanities, engineering, and social science—which makes it a great place to study, learn, grow, and excel.
In line with this, the university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate level courses related to Chemistry for all Canadian and international students. Here are some of their offered courses and their corresponding total course fee:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 216,965
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering; Total course fee: CAD 395, 304
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Honours)- Advanced Materials; Total course fee: CAD 216,965
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (honours)- EcoChemistry; Total course fee: 216,965
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry; Total course fee: CAD 348, 485
- Master of Science in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 46, 735
- Master of Science in Chemistry Specialization in Science, Society, and Policy; Total course fee: CAD 46,735
- Master of Science in Chemistry Specialization in Chemical and Environmental Toxicology; Total course fee: CAD 46,735
- Master of Science in Earth Sciences; Total course fee: CAD 46,735
- Master of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering; Total course fee: CAD 50,493
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 25,466
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering; Total course fee: CAD 28,242
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry- Chemical and Environmental Toxicology; Total course fee: CAD 28,242
If you want to pursue your studies in the field of central science, this university is one of the best places in Ottawa, where you can take one step closer to your desired career in Chemistry.
Taking Chemistry Courses at Carleton University
Another great university that lies in the heart of Ottawa is Carleton University. This institution was recognized as the second most sustainable university in the country and placed as 33rd around the world.
Carleton University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate chemistry courses to local and international students. Here are some of these courses and how much will it cost you:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 81, 845
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Physics; Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry- Nanotechnology; Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Honours); Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Bachelor of Science in Nanoscience; Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science; Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Earth Sciences; Total course fee: CAD 109,127
- Master of Science in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 35,870
- Master of Science in Chemistry- Food Science and Nutrition; Total course fee: CAD 35,870
- Master of Science in Chemistry - Biochemistry; Total course fee: CAD 35,780
- Master of Science in Chemistry- Chemical and Environmental Toxicology; Total course fee: CAD 35,870
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry; Total course fee: CAD 64,388
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry- Collaborative Biochemistry; Total course fee: CAD 64,388
The university’s mission is to provide high-quality education for its students, which makes it an ideal place for learning and development. With a focus on innovative research and hands-on learning, Carleton alumni are prepared and well equipped to step out and move forward to their preferred career—particularly in the world of Chemistry.
Learning Chemistry Lessons Through Private Tutoring
One of the most effective ways to learn and understand the fundamentals of chemistry is by taking private tutoring sessions. Whether you want to excel in your chemistry class, ace your exams, or prepare yourself for an undergraduate or postgraduate courses, a chemistry expert will be a great helping hand.
In Ottawa and Montréal, there’s a lot of tutoring agencies and knowledgeable tutors throughout the city. They are of high demand for students at different levels: in elementary, high school, and even in higher education.
Benefits of Private Tutoring
Having an expert alongside while studying your lessons in chemistry makes a huge difference. You will be more confident that you’re grasping your lessons correctly and that you fully understand the essential theories, formulas, equations, and other aspects of chemistry.
Besides that, here are some of the benefits that you’ll be getting when you choose to study your lessons together with a private chemistry tutor.
- Individual Approach - One-on-one sessions with a private tutor can give you all the attention that you need. Your tutor will focus on your weak spot and create a curriculum based on the lessons that need improvement.
- Convenient Time and Location - When it comes to the schedule and location, you can set your private lessons every after your regular class, or whenever you are free. You can also have in-house tutoring to have a more comfortable atmosphere while studying.
- Fewer Distractions - Since private tutoring can be a one-on-one session, you can study your chemistry lessons with fewer distractions. Additionally, you will receive your lessons at home, which has a more tranquil set up compared to your regular class with 15 to 20 or more students in a classroom.
Factors to Consider in Hiring a Private Tutor
Just like in Edmonton, there are also lots of private tutoring agencies and private tutors around Ottawa. However, finding the right one who can teach you the principal aspects of chemistry is still a challenge. To ensure that you get to hire the best, you should look for these qualifications.
- Field of Studies - Whether you want to excel in your chemistry class, or ace your exam, a bachelor’s degree holder in chemistry is qualified to teach you the basics. Nevertheless, if you need someone who could help you in higher education, or to prepare yourself in getting undergraduate or postgraduate courses, a tutor with more in-depth knowledge and relevant field of studies is who you need.
- Effectivity - When choosing the right tutor, you should check his background and his methods in teaching. You can ask his previous clients or students for his effectivity. Or, don’t hesitate to ask the tutor if he can provide proof of his tutoring accomplishments—It could be the improvement of his student’s performance or the success of his student to entering a university with undergraduate or postgraduate chemistry courses.
- Flexibility - Choose the one who can teach you with a flexible schedule. Ask the tutors if they can give extra time when needed and if they can provide tutoring sessions after your regular class.
- Attitude and Personality- a tutor’s attitude and personality are as equally important as his or her credentials. You have to consider hiring the one who can guide you on how to study chemistry effectively and is willing to extend his or her patience until you master the idea of the entire curriculum.
As the capital city of Canada, Ottawa provides numerous opportunities in the field of chemistry. As such, the universities mentioned above are just some of the institutions where you can pursue your studies in central sciences.
Nevertheless, If you need more time to prepare before taking any chemistry courses, or excel in school, a private tutor will help you ace your examinations and understand the basics and significant aspects of chemistry.