Vancouver is one of the largest cities in Canada. In fact, it holds the third place (by population) next to Toronto and Montréal. Aside from that, the town also ranked as the third most livable place in the world and ranked as 10th in the cleanest city around the globe.
When talking about education, Vancouver will not get left behind with its high-quality education and a high standard of teaching. Concerning this, the city is home to several universities and colleges that offer high-demand courses in various fields — particularly in Chemistry.
Chemistry Courses in Vancouver
Chemistry is the science of all matter. It is a central science that involves physics, environmental science, biology, geology, and more. In other terms, Chemistry touches on every aspect of life and is essential for meeting the basic needs of everyone including health, food, clothing, shelter, water, soil, and clean air.
Furthermore, this subject is divided into various areas including inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, material science, biochemistry, and quantum. In addition, Chemistry is also significant to other subjects such as medical sciences, astrophysics, biological sciences, and many more.
Here in Vancouver — just like in Ottawa and other Canadian cities such as Edmonton — students who graduated with a master’s degree in Chemistry can specialize in kinetics, combinatorial chemistry, photochemistry, theoretical chemistry, cluster chemistry, and so on.
Ultimately, learners who pursue their studies in Chemistry may have a chance to build a career in pharmaceuticals, research, the public sector, and even in chemical engineering. With that said, anyone with a passion for chemistry and is willing to go through hoops in finishing a master’s or doctorate courses may work as an analytical chemist, healthcare scientist, toxicologist, and in any careers related to central science.
Great Places to Learn Chemistry in Vancouver
As one of the largest cities in Canada, Vancouver is home to beautiful places, amazing tourist spots, and renowned schools. With that, the town also takes pride in its internationally recognized universities which are great places to learn and pursue a career in Chemistry.
Thus, students who want to take up courses related to central science may choose to study at some of the great universities in Vancouver. Don’t know where to go? Take a cue from the schools listed below and know your options.
Take Chemistry Courses at The University of British Columbia in Vancouver
Consistently ranked as one of the top 20 public universities in the world, the University of Columbia (UBC) is a global centre for teaching and learning. In fact, it is recognized as the most international university in North America.
The UBC Vancouver campus offers undergraduate programs for all the students who want to pursue their interest in central science. In this program, learners will study the matter and the changes that matter undergoes through chemical and physical processes. On top of that, you will have the option to modify your focus to different sub-disciplines.
Furthermore, as one of the top-ranked Chemistry departments of Canada, the professors of the University of British Columbia are internationally renowned and are doing great in their field. Aside from that, the undergraduate program of UBC will enhance your professional development with Science Co-Op, internships, and summer research opportunities.
With that, here are the things you will learn in taking Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at UBC for four years:
CHEM 121- Structure and Bonding in Chemistry
CHEM 123- Thermodynamics, Kinetics, and Organic Chemistry
CHEM 211- Introduction to Chemical Analysis
CHEM 203- Introduction to Organic Chemistry
CHEM 208- coordination Chemistry
CHEM 333- Spectroscopic Techniques in Organic Chemistry
CHEM 300-Communicating Chemistry
CHEM 304-Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
CHEM 325-Integrated Chemistry Laboratory I
CHEM 403-Surface Chemistry and Surface Analysis
CHEM 445-Projects in Experimental Chemistry
CHEM 412-Electronic Structure of Atoms and Molecules
CHEM 419-Establishing a Career in Chemical Research
Ultimately, finishing a BSc in Chemistry can lead to careers in medicine, research, law, dentistry, government, education, industry, pharmacy, and or even food science.
Learn Chemistry at the Vancouver Island University
As one of the best universities in the city, the Vancouver Island University or VIU offers Chemistry Program to students who want to pursue a career in central science. The Bachelor of Science major in Chemistry of VIU focuses on experiential learning in small labs and classes.
Additionally, Chemistry students of this institution have the opportunity to pursue undergraduate research with excellent instructors who will guide them to reach success.
Aside from that, they can also expand their learning with Vancouver Island University’s state of the art Applied Environmental Research Laboratories (AERL), where they can practice collaborative research with community partnership and private sector.
Taking Online Chemistry Lesson
One of the best ways to get supplementary lessons and understand Chemistry further is by taking online classes. In this approach, you can have access to different chemistry tutors around the globe including Calgary through the power of the internet. You can search for some sites that offer tutoring services and or ask Google for help.
Besides that, you can also find a great teacher at Superprof. They have countless online tutors available to teach you the fundamentals of chemistry — from learning the periodic table of elements to understanding the formulas to solving complex equations and so on.
Moreover, if you want to take online classes, you need to have essential equipment that is required for every session, such as a functioning computer, web camera, microphone, video conference software, and of course, a good internet connection.
Getting the Help of a Private Tutor to Learn Chemistry
Private tutoring is another effective way to learn the fundamentals of Chemistry. By getting the help of knowledgeable and skilled instructors, you can have an extended time to learn central science and everything related to Chem.
Moreover, the Chemistry tutor Vancouver can give you supplementary lessons according to your preferred teaching pace and in your vacant schedule. On top of that, they can also provide in-house lessons where you can benefit from individual instruction and can be able to work on what you need to practice.
Now, let’s dig deeper into how private tutoring can help you and where can you find the best tutor who can guide you to reach your dream career in the field of Chemistry.
How Private Tutoring Help Chemistry Students?
Finding the right tutor is a great step to have an edge in academics and grasp the fundamentals of central science. With that said, here are some of the benefits you can get if you take private tutoring sessions to master Chemistry today.
- One-on-one Sessions. Receiving a one-on-one session is one of the most undeniable benefits anyone could get out of private tutoring. Students will learn more and understand the fundamentals of chemistry further because of the maximum attention they can get from their tutors. Learners may ask a question without hesitations and they can express their thoughts confidently.
- Customized Lessons. Aside from the individual instruction, tutors may also give customized lessons to their students. For instance, you may ask your tutor to skip the areas that you already grasp and proceed to the next lecture. Concerning this, a tutor may create his or her own lesson plan instead of following a fixed curriculum just like in regular classes.
- Learn from the pros. Most of the individuals who are offering tutoring services in Chemistry are experts with their fields. With that, you can learn a lot of things from them, especially the complex areas of chemistry. Furthermore, they can also give you tips and advice on how to go through obstacles to get the Chemistry career you dreamed of.
- Another benefit you could get out of private tutoring is convenience. Why? Because you can decide when and where the sessions will take place. For instance, you can tell your tutor to teach you at home after your regular class. Or, you can schedule your sessions on weekends for 1 to 2 hours perhaps.
How to Find the Right Private Tutor
There are several private tutors and tutoring institutions in Vancouver who can teach students an additional way to grasp academic subjects — particularly in Science and Mathematics.
However, finding the right one who can meet your qualifications and needs is not a simple task. Good thing there are some ways you can do to look for the best tutor near you. Take a cue from the ways below.
- Search through the web. Thanks to the digital age, searching for anything becomes simple because of the internet. In fact, you can also search for the best tutor near you through the web. By just using some keywords such as “tutoring near me” or “private tutors in Vancouver” can help you find someone who can provide Chemistry homework help and can teach you the fundamentals of central science in a more focused way.
- Flip the Pages of your local papers. Another way to find a private tutor is by checking the pages of your local papers. Most of the editorial papers in your area contain a section where Chemistry experts may post their information and the tutoring services they offer.
- Reach out to your school. Before searching through the internet or reading local papers, you can reach out to your school first. Perhaps, your school is offering a chemistry tutoring program to those students who need supplementary lessons to understand the subject. Or, maybe there are Chemistry teachers who are willing to give their services to provide a one-on-one session for their students who want to learn more about the central science.