My teaching style is dynamic, motivated, and collaborative.
I believe in three tenets of teaching:
1. Every student has a different learning style and pace. Therefore, the purpose of the first lesson is to determine the best approach.
2. A student and teacher found a partnership, that requires patience and adaptiveness. Together, we will establish rules and expectations for tutoring sessions and take-home exercises.
3. Motivation unlocks success. I plan on teaching in a language the student understands, making school work seem fun and engaging.
My tactical approach is as follows:
1. Ask the student to self-reflect on concepts they find challenging as well as easy to grasp.
2. Review the school teacher's method of teaching (i.e. notes, lessons, etc.)
3. Create notes together for further review.
4. Practice different questions together to ensure understanding.
5. Review content again and provide extra worksheets as homework.
I am a recent graduate of Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario. I have just completed my degree in the Honours Business Administration Program, with distinction, and I have accepted an offer to join a top-tier management consulting firm in Chicago, Illinois in the fall. I graduated from the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program in 2015.
Junior Consultant I – Roland Berger – Chicago, IL, USA
• Incoming Management Consultant, joining full-time in September
Summer Enterprise Strategy Analyst – Scotiabank Strategy – Toronto, ON, Canada
• Established policies to standardize the executive-level committees to drive more efficient, objective and accountable decision-making, improving corporate governance metrics by 130%
• Streamlined all-bank operations after auditing 400 committees and eliminating half of the committees to enable greater targeting of resources and executive time spend
• Presented a student-oriented strategy to the Executive-Vice President of Retail Distribution to increase the primary customer base by 300,000 new graduates within the next five years
• Participated in analysis and design of a dynamic future state Anti-Money Laundering operating model to provide end-to-end accountability across three continents, generating cost-savings of $50MM
Marketing Technologist – RightBlue Labs – Toronto, ON, Canada Summer 2017
• Identified opportunity to secure partnership within university athletic councils, attaining 1000 Beta subscribers of student athletes in two weeks which exceeded conversion objectives by 300%
• Analyzed potential market size and industry dynamics for a go-to-market strategy of a new product; used by the management team to receive a $500,000 first-round investment
• Determined and addressed business development pain points by automating sales deliverables with Zapier to integrate Intercom with Salesforce CRM tools which improved data loss by 90%
• Led growth-hacking initiatives and produced daily design content to generate social media campaign response rates of between 10% and 14% (5 times the industry standard)
Summer Financial Analyst – Morgan Stanley Huaxin Funds – Beijing, China
• Researched and analyzed the implementation and inclusion of asset-backed securities in traditional portfolios; effectively persuaded all institutional and individual clients to embrace ABS
• Worked closely with senior credit risk analysts to apply bond segmentation models, achieving 10-20% higher portfolio returns than benchmark rates in the same period
• Independently created monthly management presentation materials for Morgan Stanley headquarters
Author and Editor– Ivey Business Review
• Published innovative article, “Lights, Camera, Action: GoPro’s First Take on Virtual Reality” proposing material acquisition for GoPro to enter a new segment of its value chain in the 2017 edition
• Selected to present article at consulting firms, Accenture and Oliver Wyman as high potential writers
Vice-President of Business Development – Western Venture Association
• Planned Canada’s largest student venture capital conference, the WVA Open, for 300 delegates
Awards: 1st – MLSE Case Competition 2017, 1st – UWO PBSN Consulting Case Competition 2015, Top 5 Finalist – Scotiabank’s Ethics in Action Competition 2015, Finalist – Microsoft Case Competition 2015
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|