My teaching method is a discussion style. I want to empower my students through discussions and providing clear instructions. My classes focus on the foundational structure of becoming literate in English. I approach English with flexibility and adjust my methods.
I am a post-secondary business student. I have been tutoring students since my senior year in high school. I have obtained my O.S.S.D and I am fluent in English. I can assist with proofreading, improving oral communication and writing skills.
Cancellation Policy: Must inform 5 hours in advance before the scheduled class.
Ambitious, detail-oriented, and self-motivated post-secondary business student seeking a tutoring position to demonstrate skills of teaching English and improving an individual’s overall comprehension of the language. Working proficiency to accommodate every individual’s personal needs and patiently teaching them the core skills and vocabulary to become literate in English.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills demonstrated through academic achievement
• Solid prioritization and multi-tasking skills demonstrated by success within high-pressure academic and high-volume professional settings
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to accurately compose, translate, edit, and interpret written documents and instructions
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Bachelor of Business Administration September 2020 - Present
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
Laurier Investment & Finance Association – Junior Executive October 2020 – Present
LIFA • Waterloo, Ontario
• Created reports, wrote blogs, edited memos and proofread presentation summaries
• Established professional customer relationships with interested clients and proposed partnership and sponsorship opportunities
• Worked proficiently to acquire the support of many sponsors to provide monetary or non-monetary donations
• Summarized presentations, reports and filtered data utilizing Microsoft Excel
Private Tutoring – English Tutor September 2019 – August 2020
One-on-One Online Tutoring • Toronto, Ontario
• Established a foundation on how to build core skills and become proficient in English
• Addressed and solved all concerns of students by providing additional support and working on their weaknesses
• Designed, implemented, and maintained an organizational structure to effectively accomplish student’s goals
• Coordinated lessons relating to the current environment and providing real-life examples that relate to the student’s experience to make the lessons less intimidating
Academic Tutoring – High School Student Tutor August 2019 – November 2019
Group Tutoring Lessons • Toronto, Ontario
• Supported students with schoolwork as well as extra-curricular activities relating to business start-ups
• Co-ordinated and organized activities that involved preparing presentations to utilize digital technology to teach specific lessons effectively
• Reported to the guardians of the student and provided them with my feedback to help provide the student with the most support and help them advance quickly
• Helped students with various assignments, homework and provided worksheets to improve basic knowledge and skills of different course subjects
Junior Achievement - Vice President of Finance September 2018 - April 2019
JA Company Program • Toronto, Ontario
• Maintained customer confidence by keeping information confidential and respecting their privacy
• Implemented an organizational report of company members’ salaries, wages, commissions, and bonus information
• Reviewed, investigated, and corrected discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents, and reports
• Summarized financial status by collecting data and preparing balance sheet, income statement and relevant reports
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$180|