I practice a mixture of learner centered, content and interactive methods. I cater to the students' needs and ability and teach accordingly making sure they understand and are able to perform the tasks and answer questions and are knowledgeable about the subject
I have an MBA in Business Management with many years of teaching experience at an International School as a Business Studies Teacher and and am presently conducting small group classes for High School students. My work experience has enhanced my ability to give my students and insight of the Business world.
If there are cancellations I have to be notified 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson, otherwise any paid fees will not be refunded
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE : I am a dedicated educator with a track record of grade boosting initiative and establishing lesson plans that yield impressive results. My success is based on perseverance and motivating students to achieve high goals. I am adept at establishing positive learning environment and responding effectively to the needs of faculty members and students. Strong problem solving, project management and organizational skills coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
PRIVATE TUTOR – MATHEMATICS (GRADE 4-8) & BUSINESS STUDIES (9-12)
• Teaching Mathematics for students Ontario Curriculum
• Additional Training for Grade 6 students in EQAO exam preparation
• Classes in Math for Middle School Students
• Classes in Business Studies
FAIRSTONE FINANCIAL Mar 2018 - Present
BRAMPTON, ON, Branch Account Executive
• Making Outbound calls to solicit and promote products.
• Taking and Processing credit applications online or over the phone.
• Conduction Credit Checks and Employment checks gathering information.
• Explaining and educating the client on credit information before closing.
• Booking and closing loans, performing necessary administration tasks.
CIBC SECURITIES INC, Toronto, Ontario Oct 2016 - Mar 2017 Mutual Funds Representative
• Attended to Inbound calls in a call centre environment.
• Offered advice on the mutual fund products, according to customers KYC
• Carried out necessary trades in RESP’s and RRSP’s as requested by the customer in accordance with compliance
• Did KYC to find out the clients goals and offered advice on Investment products suitable for their needs
• Multi-tasked with multiple systems while doing transactions, attended to customer queries and promoting financial products.
CITIFINANCIAL, Brampton, ON Jan 2016 - Sept.2016
Business Development Associate
• Performed outbound calls to current, former and prospective customers and promoting
Credit products and services available at CitiFinancial and respond to phone inquiries
• Provided customers with information on the features and benefits of personal loans, equity plus and second mortgages and answer all questions customers may have
• Managed the loan application process over the phone with the customer by completing a loan application and investigating and reviewing credit risk as per credit bureau reports
• Referred qualified customers to local CitiFinancial branch offices to complete the loan process
LOBLAWS INC., BRAMPTON, ON Aug. 2014 – Apr. 2015
LYCEUM INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, WATTALA, SRI LANKA. Sept.2009 - June 2014
Business Studies Teacher
• Evaluated and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
• Prepared and delivered lectures to Advanced Level (Grade 11 &12) and Ordinary Level (Grade 9 &10) students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
• Initiated, facilitated, and moderate classroom discussions, debates and presentations.
• Prepared course materials such as notes, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Maintained student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
• Advised students on academic and vocational curricula and career issues.
SOUTHALL TUITION CENTRE SOUTHALL LONDON, UK
Mathematics and English Tutor Mar. 2005 – Oct. 2008
• Identified student capabilities, developed teaching strategies, implemented tutoring plans and individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
• Prepared lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students' needs and goals.
• Taught students mathematical strategies, study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies and time management skills.
• Provided private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance and prepared them for school examinations.
DANAS SCHOOL OF SPEECH AND DRAMA, RATMALANA, SRI LANKA
Spoken English, Speech and Drama Teacher Jan 1991 – Sept. 2001
• Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Prepared students for performances, exams, or assessments.
• Trained students on topics such as speech techniques, fundamentals of drama, verse and prose.
• Planed, evaluated, and revised curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
• Kept abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Selected and obtained materials and supplies such as textbooks and performance pieces.
OTHER WORK HISTORY
Duty Manager - William Hill Organization, London, UK July 2007 - Feb 2009
Master of Business Administration 2007
Edinburgh Business School, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$18||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$16||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$15||Not available||$200|