I enjoy using current events as well as classic texts in my teaching. I like students to bring questions and content to sessions for us to use as well. Using Google docs is an excellent tool for us to share work and communicate about the process of learning. I praise good efforts and achievements, I'm on your team! I will also help you put plans together towards achieving your goals.
I have taught internationally in IB schools for 14 years (in Indonesia, Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and America). I have worked a lot with high school students, and I've taught students in all grades from Kindergarten to 12th grade as well as university students. I have my Master's in Education and really enjoy helping students get organized and achieve their goals.
Master’s of Education - Urban Education
Holy Names University 2017
Oakland, CA, USA
Special Education Specialist K-12
Queen’s University 2008
Bachelor’s of Education
Queen’s University 2005
Bachelor’s of Arts Honours
Queen’s University 2004
Learning Support Coordinator K-12
Canggu Community School
July 2018- June 2019
- Managed school-wide caseload of 80+ students: 50+ with LD challenges and ~30 with EAL needs.
- Supported students in EAL, literacy, maths, attention, study skills and executive functioning.
- Utilised UK curriculum in Primary/Middle years, IGCSE and IBDP curriculum in Secondary.
Head of Department - Student Support Services K-12
Upper School Learning Specialist
French American International School
San Francisco, CA, USA
Aug 2015 - June 2018
Aug 2010 - June 2013
- Managed a caseload of 50+ students with diagnosed LD, and 10+ students with academic challenges.
- Supported students with IBDP and French Baccalaureate content in literacy, math, organization, study skills and executive functioning.
International School of Amsterdam
Aug 2009 - June 2010
International School of Dublin
Aug 2007 - June 2009
Bilingual European School
Aug 2005 - June 2007
Perfect! Claire is a professional teacher who has an effective methodology and demonstrates a personal approach. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs to improve his/her English.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|