My teaching methods are through description, explanation and demonstration. I focus heavily on proper knife/tool handling techniques to begin with, in order to avoid injury. I move onto methods and effects of various types of cooking as well as food preparation and execution.
I'm a young chef with 10+ years experience. Most of my professional experience is with French cuisine, however my Caribbean background heavily influences my dishes and techniques. I have a degree and diploma in Culinary Arts and Culinary Management respectively, and have received advanced hospitality training at the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Travel charge will generally be $.30 per km traveled to student.
Cancellations will result in non-refundable charge of $30.
The Dock Foods Spirits and Ales, New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada – (International, Casual Dining) June 2017 - September 2018
• Menu planning, Food portioning, estimations and inventory planning
• Preparing and cooking complete meals or individual dishes and food.
• Preparing and cooking special meals as requested.
• Handlling raw food including but not limited to: seafood, shellfish, meat and poultry.
• Managing inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Assisting in training staff when requested.
Café 195 and Bistro, Dome mall, Warrens, St. Michael, Barbados – (International, Casual Dining) October 2016 – March 2017
Chef / Kitchen Supervisor
• Creating kitchen and food service standards as member of opening team
• Managing all day to day kitchen operations.
• Menu building for breakfast, lunch and dinner services.
• Peparing food costings and related inventory assessments
• Developing & Planning various daily/weekly specials.
• Training all kitchen staff in food handling and preparation standards
THE CLIFF BEACH CLUB, DERRICKS, ST. JAMES, Barbados - (French, Fine Dining) May 2015 – March 2017
Chef de Partie
• The preparation of all components for dishes used on station according to business standards.
• The proper assembly of all items ordered from station, thereby assuring consistency of dish standard every time the item is prepared.
• Managing / Ordering of all stock required for section.
• Ensuring good food rotation practices to keep high standards of quality / freshness at all times (fifo).
• Working under pressure to properly time recipe execution with other stations.
• Training staff who are placed to work on assigned station.
• Assisting other stations as and when needed.
TUTTO MARKET CAFE, OSHAWA, ON, CANADA – (ITALIAN, FAST FOOD) January 2015 – March 2015
Line Chef – Responsible for:
• Preparation of dishes to go out into the hot/salad table for service.
• Assisting in the preparation of daily specials.
• Preparing and managing all kitchen prep items and liasing with head chef to ensure no outage of station requirements
• Maintaining overall cleanliness of the kitchen
FAZIO’S RESTAURANT AND WINE EXPERIENCE, OSHAWA, ON, CANADA– (ITALIAN, FINE DINING) October 2014 – March 2015
Line Chef– Responsible for:
• Managing team in preparation of all materials required for the line, making sure all ingredients are stocked well and are as fresh as possible.
• Preparing all dishes required on the line, ensuring that the quality and timing is in sync with the other chefs working the line.
• Directing the work flow of the line when working with apprentice chefs, ensuring all orders are out on time and together - making sure dishes are prepared & presented properly.
• Ensuring all quality control standards are followed and kept with all product required for service, example: FIFO.
SHRIMP COCKTAIL RESTAURANT, OSHAWA, ON, CANADA – (FRENCH, FINE DINING) August 2014 – October 2014
Line Chef – Responsible for:
• Producing daily all meal prep items required (i.e. sauces, stocks, herbs, veg. etc.)
• Cooking and assembling/plating appetizers, salads, sandwiches and desserts.
• Maintaining high industry standards in food preparation, kitchen cleaniness and saftley and health measures
TOPPERS PIZZA, OSHAWA, ON, CANADA – (AMERICAN,FAST FOOD) August 2014 – March 2015
• Worked on the pizza lines with attention to specific details on each order which came through (salads, desserts, specialty pizzas, sauces used, allergies, etc.)
• Completed pizza dough prep and ensured all inventory is properly stocked.
• Maintained overall cleanliness of restaurant.
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS, ORLANDO, FLORIDA, U.S.A. – (AMERICAN, FAST FOOD) July 2013– October 2013
Intern (Cosmic Rays Starlight Café)
• Trained in Food & Beverage service; both front & back of house (Restaurant and Kitchen), worked in the busiest quick-service restaurant at the Walt Disney World Resorts.
• Learnt basic Hospitality Business strategy.
ST. LAWRENCE STEAK HOUSE, GRILL & PIZZA HUT, ST. LAWRENCE GAP, CHRIST CHURCH, BARBADOS – (INTERNATIONAL, FAST FOOD) April – June 2011
Junior Cook (part-time)
• Ensured all prep items were stocked for restaurant.
• Prepared some dishes during breakfast and dinner service. Maintained overall cleanliness in the restaurant.
ALMOND BEACH VILLAGE RESORT, ST. PETER, BARBADOS – (INTERNATIONAL) July 2009
• Assisted with the preparation of various soups, sauces, salads, meats, starches and pastry items.
St. Lawrence College, Kingston, Ontario, Canada 2014
Culinary Management Diploma
Barbados Community College Hospitality Institute, St Michael, Barbados
• Associate Degree in Applied Science (Culinary Arts) - 2013
• Certificate (Basic Trade Cookery) - 2011
o Graduated Top of Class with A+ grade
Walt Disney World Resorts, Orlando, Florida 2013
Certificate Course -
Disney’s Ducktorate Degree for Advanced Studies in Hospitality Management
• Adapting to fast pace work environments/ serving foods to order based off of customer need.
• Preparing a variety of cuisine types and styles (For example: Caribbean, Asian, French, Spanish Tapas.)
• Using various methods/techniques of cooking.
• Using substitute ingredients in dishes in the event of an ingredient running out or spoiling.
• Developing standardized plating techniques to make dishes visually appealing.
• Calculating food costs and food cost percentages.
• Knowledge of proper storage positions and safe holding temperatures for foods.
• Holding times for prepared foods prior to being served.
• Inter-kitchen communication to promote quick service and prevent injury and loss.
• Preparation of various sauces.
• Training of kitchen staff from beginner to advanced techniques.
• Developing standards
• Inventory management & control
• Managing budgets
Perfect! Tobi is very chill. We had a relaxing session and didn't stress when cooking.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest baking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, health cuisine lessons for all!
Taking vegetarian cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|