I am a graduate of the University of Leeds with a First Class (Honors) Bachelors degree in Cell Biology of Human Disease. I have always demonstrated a keen interest in teaching as I believe its the best way to enhance the student's knowledge and make a lasting and positive impact on their future. Since my university, I have actively tutored secondary, high school and college students both one-to-one and on online platforms.
With regards to the teaching methodology, I prefer a fun and interactive approach where the student actively participates in the tutoring session as I believe that a learning experience is fruitful once a good rapport is set up between the tutor and the student. My teaching technique is simple yet has proven to be effective over the course of years; Before getting into active teaching, I engage in an open discussion with the student to gauge their current level of understanding and determine their learning style. I then briefly explain the concept to students using a variety of resources followed by an interactive session where the student is encouraged to explain what they have learnt and ask any related questions. I prefer using visual aids like videos, pictures, and presentations to assist teaching which further enhances their understanding.
I believe I am organised and responsible and this is reflected in my teaching style as well; I plan lessons carefully, manage time effectively and help students diligently. I am creative and innovative in my work and also encourage the students to demonstrate full creativity during the sessions. I ensure maximum learning of the student by constantly assessing their performance through quizzes, tests and recap sessions. I believe in persistence and giving detailed attention to my work to maximize results. My students and their guardians have always seen a marked improvement in their learning as reflected in their positive feedback.
I have an extensive experience of tutoring in different countries over a course of 10 years. During this time, I have had the opportunity to meet students from various backgrounds and ethnicity which has not only allowed me to demonstrate flexibility and compassion in my teaching approach but has also enhanced my own understanding of the categories of learners and how to effectively communicate with them.
My teaching experience is summarized below:
1. Tutor at FirstTutors (United Kingdom)
• Tutored secondary school and college students online and in person through multiple sessions.
• Enhanced the knowledge and creative skills of students in order to broaden their understanding.
• Equipped the students with the techniques and skills required to effectively answer exam questions.
2. Tutor at Fast Track Grades (FTG) in Huddersfield, United Kingdom
• Enhanced the learning experience of GCSE and A-level students both in large groups and one-to-one sessions.
• Helped students enhance their academic skills through various modes of teaching including blackboard learning, animations, quizzes etc.
• Acted with utmost responsibility, reliability and punctuality.
• Demonstrated good interpersonal communication skills in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
3. Work experience at Dar-e-Arqam school, Pakistan (During gap year)
• Worked diligently with secondary school students inside and outside classroom.
• Organized study plans and extra-curricular activities.
• Introduced new study styles and techniques to tailor the understanding of students.
• Demonstrated good leadership and teamwork skills in organizing and managing various school events.
4. Volunteer at SOS children's villages, Pakistan (during gap year)
• Used my creative skills to involve the children in productive activities and sports
• enhanced the general knowledge of the disadvantaged children.
• Helping those less fortunate without any recompense instilled empathy and sympathy in my personality.
Namra tutored my daughter in GCSE maths (English end of high school examination). My daughter was very unwilling at first and lacked confidence. Namra was able to put her at ease quickly and was easy for her to talk to. My daughter was able to improve her maths by 2 grades which we didn’t anticipate ever happening.
My experience with Namra has been nothing but great. My daughter was completely comfortable with her. I don’t usually leave my daughter anywhere alone but I found Namra a trust worthy person, I was satisfied with the study environment she provided. My daughter learned a lot in few months she was taught by Namra just before her GCSES. I was glad I chose Namra and wish her good luck in future.
Hi, I have had the opportunity to be tutored by Namra last year and I can safely say my experience was incredible. Namra is a very dedicated and hardworking tutor who thoroughly knows her subject and teaches in a style that suits the students needs and abilities. I was struggling in Physics as that had always been my weak area but towards the end of my sessions with Namra I was better knowledgeable in the core concepts and more confident in answering the exam questions. I highly recommend Namra as a tutor if you want excellent results!
Omg. The best teacher one can ever find. She knows every detail of what we should learn and perfect style of putting things into your mind. You will not be disappointed as she delivers the best results!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$15|