As a full-time teacher working in both Elementary and Secondary schools, I have a broad range of teaching methods. I have always been able to connect with students and encourage their comfortability so that each individual can succeed. All students have different abilities and struggles, so it is important for me to differentiate my teaching strategies to ensure that each student is comfortable, confident, and able to succeed!
I am a certified Elementary and Secondary School Teacher located in Vancouver, BC. I have a Bachelor of English Specialization in Language and Literature, and a Graduate Diploma in Education, as well as 5 different certificates. I have 5 years of teaching experience that expands internationally, from teaching English in London, UK, to Humanities in Melbourne, Australia, to World Issues in Tanzania, East Africa. I am currently a teacher with the West Vancouver school district, and hoping to tutor after-school to help students that may need some one-on-one support!
Free cancellation if notified 24 hours in advanced :)
Certified Elementary and Secondary School Teacher located in Vancouver, BC.
- Bachelor Degree - Specialization in English Language and Literature, and a Minor in Music - University of Western Ontario - London, ON, Canada
- Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education - University of the Sunshine Coast - Sippy Downs, QLD, Australia
- 5 years of teaching experience that expands internationally, from teaching English in London, UK, to Humanities in Melbourne, Australia, to World Issues in Tanzania, East Africa.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes, which was proven through success in teaching online courses during the COVID19 pandemic. Parents and students both have attested to Amanda’s online classes being their “most enjoyable and insightful high school class ever”!
- Strong track record in improving test and exam scores of students through bringing new and innovative pedagogies to the 21st century learner.
1. MEI International Academy: Grade 12 English and World Issues online teacher for a summer abroad program that had to transition to online learning during COVID19. Involved developing brand new course content and delivering online content synchronously via. Zoom from 11am - 5:30pm daily.
2. MEI International Academy: Grade 12 English and World Issues lead teacher on MEI International Academy’s “Expedition to Tanzania” summer two course program. As the annual program "lead", I was responsible for arranging and leading the pre-departure online work, travel, academics, lecturing, marking, well-being and safety of approximately 23 students, with the help of 1-2 Teaching Assistants in Tanzania, East Africa.
3. Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board: Online summer school teacher for the HWCDSB. Taught grade 11 English (ENG3CE) to a class of 40 students through virtual LMS/MyClass (still teaching this currently). Engaged online student learners and maintained parental communications throughout the course.
4. Beerwah State School: English and Life Skills teacher for grades 9 - 12 at Beerwah State School, covering for a teacher on leave.
5. ANZUK & Tradewind Education: Daily Casual Relief Teaching for ANZUK Education and Tradewind Education in various government and independent schools in Melbourne, Australia, and surrounding areas.
6. Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board: Daily Casual Relief Teaching - taught in Primary schools but mostly Secondary schools: Mainly English and Arts subjects.
7. Impact Teachers: Daily Casual Relief Teaching for both private and public schools all throughout London, UK, in all subjects.
8. Matthew Flinders Anglican College: Practicum Teacher - Taught English to two different Year 8 classes. Worked with students with various disabilities and special considerations, such as cystic fibrosis, Morquious Syndrome, ADHD and more
9. Chancellor State College: Practicum Teacher: Taught various subjects including English, Science, Math, Drama, Phys. Ed, Social Sciences, Dance. Taught Marine Biology to Year 10 & 11 students, through interactive learning on location in the Great Barrier Reef.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, grammar lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$199||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$400|