I prefer powerpoint presentations during my classes since these are way more convenient for both the teacher and students for better understanding. I also opt for bi-weekly assignments and exams. The classes are meant for high school and grad students.
I am a Research Scholar pursuing my Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering. I have specialized in Biotechnology during my Bachelor's and Masters. In the course of my Ph.D., I have also learned certain Chemical Engineering techniques and studied few subjects as part of my Ph.D. coursework.
Worked as a trainee on Biological Oxidation & De-phenolization of Industrial Effluents at Durgapur Steel Plant (Steel Authority of India Limited), 2013
Project Trainee on Generation of Bioelectricity from constructed wetland cum microbial fuel cell at CSIR- Institute of Minerals & Materials Technology (formerly Regional Research Laboratory), Bhubaneswar, January-May 2014
Ph.D. Research Scholar (Senior Research Fellow), Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, West Bengal, September 2014- May 2018 (Date of Ph.D. thesis submission: May 24, 2018).
2014 Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India, M.Sc Biotechnology 8.48 CGPA
2011 M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, B.Sc Biotechnology 65.406%
2008 West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education, India XII Science 61.6%
2006 Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, West Bengal, India X Science 68%
Phyto-chemical analysis and antimicrobial activity of Gracilaria sp. (July-November, 2012)
Spirulina: a versatile tool for the identification of bioactive antioxidants (January-May, 2013)
Synthesis of magnesium nanoparticles from edible fruit peel (July-November, 2013)
Design and development of constructed wetland cum microbial fuel cell for wastewater treatment and bioelectricity generation (January – May 2014)
“Physiological analysis and antimicrobial activity of Gracilaria sp.” in 5th International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology (SET) at School of Computing Science & Engineering, VIT University, Vellore.
“Spirulina: a versatile tool for the identification of bioactive antioxidants” in 6th International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology (SET) at School of Electrical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore.
“Synthesis of magnesium nanoparticles from edible fruit peel” in 7th International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology (SET), VIT University, Vellore.
Master’s thesis on “Design and development of constructed wetland cum microbial fuel cell for wastewater treatment and bioelectricity generation”, CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (formerly Regional Research Laboratory), Bhubaneswar, 2014
Skills and Capabilities:
Investigating, diagnosing and resolving issues
Adept at MS Office 2007, OriginPro 8, Design Expert 7.0.0
Skilled at learning new technologies quickly, working well under pressure and communicating ideas clearly and effectively
Able to perform office tasks and interact as a team player using excellent written and oral communication skills
Produced solid teamwork skills through my research experience, workshops, and academic projects
Proficient in English, Hindi, Bengali
1. Mukherjee S, Dutta S, Ray S, Halder G, “A comparative study on defluoridation capabilities of biosorbents: isotherm, kinetics, thermodynamics, cost estimation and eco-toxicological study” Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., (2018) DOI: 10.1007/s11(concealed information)-4 (Springer) 2.741
3. Mukherjee S, Halder G, “A review on the sorptive elimination of fluoride from contaminated wastewater” J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 6 (2018): 1257-1270 (Elsevier) SNIP 1.355
4. Mukherjee S, Barman S, Halder G, “Fluoride uptake by zeolite NaA synthesized from rice husk: isotherm, kinetics, thermodynamics and cost estimation” Groundwater Sustain. Develop., 7 (2018): 39-47 (Elsevier) SNIP 0.512
5. Mukherjee S, Sahu P, Halder G, “Microbial remediation of fluoride-contaminated water via a novel bacterium Providencia vermicola (KX926492)” J. Environ. Manage., 204(1) (2017): 413-423 (Elsevier) 4.010
6. Mukherjee S, Mondal M, Banerjee S, Halder G, “Elucidation of the sorptive uptake of fluoride by Ca2+-treated and untreated algal biomass of Nostoc sp. (BTA394): isotherm, kinetics thermodynamics and safe disposal” Proc. Saf. Environ. Protect., 107 (2017): 334-345 (Elsevier) 2.905
7. Mukherjee S, Sahu P, Halder G, “Comparative assessment of the fluoride removal capability of immobilized and dead cells of Staphylococcus lentus (KX941098) isolated from contaminated groundwater” Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy, AIChE, (2017) DOI: 10.1002/ep.12853 (Wiley) 1.672
8. Mukherjee S, Yadav V, Mondal M, Banerjee S, Halder G, “Characterization of a fluoride-resistant bacterium Acinetobacter sp. RH5 towards assessment of its water defluoridation capability” Appl. Water Sci., 7(4) (2017): 1923-1930 (Springer) ESCI
9. Mukherjee S, Halder G, “Assessment of fluoride uptake performance of raw biomass and activated biochar of Colocasia esculenta stem: optimization through response surface methodology” Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy, AIChE, 35(5) (2016): 1305-1316 (Wiley) 1.672
10. Banerjee S, Mukherjee S, LaminKa-ot A, Joshi SR, Mandal T, Halder G, “Biosorptive uptake of Fe2+, Cu2+ and As5+ by activated biochar derived from Colocasia esculenta: Isotherm, kinetics, thermodynamics, and cost estimation” J. Adv. Res., 7(5) (2016): 597-610 (Elsevier) 4.327
11. Halder G, Dhawane SH, Dutta D, Dey S, Banerjee S, Mukherjee S, Mondal M, “Computational simulation and statistical analysis of bioethanol production from Madhuca indica by batch fermentation process using Saccharomyces cerevisiae” Sustain. Energy Technol. Assess., 18 (2016): 16-33 (Elsevier) SNIP 0.933
Awards and Activities:
Best working model presentation at MSRCASC from the Dept. of Chemistry, Bangalore, India, 2009
Best poster presentation award in 6th International SET Conference, VIT University, Vellore, India, 2013
Seminars and Symposium:
National workshop on Microbes, Minerals and Environment, VIT University, Vellore, India, 2013
VIT Bio Summit, VIT University, Vellore, India, 2013
BIOBLOOMS, M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, 2009
National Referral Centre for Lead Poisoning in India (NRCLPI), St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore, India, 2008
Mukherjee S, Halder G, Algal biosorption- an alternative tool for selective uptake of fluoride from aqueous phase, Golden Jubilee International Conference on Recent Developments in Chemical & Biochemical Engineering, GJIC-2015, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$23||Not available||$23|