My teaching methods are very detailed and focus more on clearing the underlying concept rather than just providing a solution to a problem. I am open to working with an individual, as well as groups of students starting from beginner level to advanced problems
I graduated with a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from McGill University, and currently working as a Structural Engineer in Vancouver performing structural analysis and design of Dams, and other hydraulic structures. During my master's degree, I worked as a teaching assistant on various Civil Engineering and Statistical Programming courses and I look forward to assisting you with problems related to Civil (Structural) Engineering, as well as Mathematics, Physics, and some of the Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering courses.
Masters in Civil Engineering, M.Eng. (Thesis) Sept 2015 - March 2018
Specialization- Structural Engineering GPA - 3.81/4.00
McGill University, Canada
Advisor: Prof. Luc E. Chouinard
Thesis: “Forecasting models for the displacements and the piezometer levels in a concrete arch dam”. Multivariate statistical analysis of dam monitoring data was performed on MATLAB and RStudio to model and predict the displacements and the piezometer levels of a concrete arch dam.
Bachelors in Civil Engineering 2010 - 2014
Thapar University, India GPA - 8.42/10.00
Structural Engineer (EIT) – Klohn Crippen Berger August 2018- Current
Structural Engineer in the Department of Power & Transportation currently working on the design and analysis of major Dams in Canada.
• Sensitivity analysis of anchors for John Hart Dam using Finite Element Analysis in LS-Dyna.
• Penstock screening level analysis for Bridge River-1 Facility for BC Hydro.
• Drafting conceptual sketches and documentation of reports for the recoating of penstocks on the
Bridge River-2 facility for BC Hydro
• Estimation and costing of materials of hydraulic structures.
Graduate Research Assistant – McGill University April 2016 – March 2018
Multivariate statistical analysis of monitoring data for concrete dams under the supervision of Prof. Luc Chouinard. Thesis titled "Forecasting models for the displacements and the piezometer levels in a concrete arch dam"
• Proposition of four different models for the prediction of displacements in a dam. A novel proposed
model predicts the displacements with an R2 greater than 98%
• A novel model was proposed for predicting the piezometer levels in a dam using multivariate
regression analysis which improved the predictive capacity of the existing model by 10%.
Graduate Engineer Trainee – Larsen & Toubro ECC July 2014 - Feb 2015
Worked as a Graduate Engineer in Training at Larsen & Toubro ECC (W&RE division), on a project named Ratangarh-Sujangarh water supply project package-II
• Supervision of the construction of elevated service reservoirs & underground water tanks on site.
• Supervision of laying ductile iron and UPVC pipes.
• Estimation of materials and the preparation of bill of quantities for the client.
Research Assistant – Thapar University January 2014 - May 2014
Worked as an undergraduate research assistant on a project named “Performance of Carbon Nano-tubes modified fiber reinforced polymer composites” under the guidance of Prof. Shruti Sharma, Associate Professor at Thapar University.
• Dispersion of Carbon-Nano tubes using an Ultrasonicator.
• Conducted laboratory testing of both, the test samples and control samples. Testing included
compression, flexural and split tensile tests.
• Observation of the microstructure of test samples under scanning electron microscope and its
comparison with the control samples.
Industrial Training – DLF Universal Ltd. June 2013 - December 2013
Worked as an undergraduate engineering trainee for six months in a residential township named “DLF Hyde Park”. The Internship was a part of the university curriculum and was guided by Mrs. Neena Garg, Assistant Professor at Thapar University & Mr. Harmohinder Saini, Assistant
Project Manager at DLF Universal Ltd.
• Coordinating construction of multistoried apartments, sewage treatment plant & underground water
• Conducting quality control inspection on site and quality control tests in a lab.
• Conducting safety drills on site.
DESIGN AND SOFTWARE SKILLS
• Proficient in SAP 2000, LS-Dyna, ETABS, Auto CAD, MS Excel, Revit.
• Software programming proficiency in C, Java, Matlab, R.
• Solid understanding of CSA codes for concrete, steel and earthquake resistant structures.
Punjabi - Native language
Hindi - Native language
English – Full professional proficiency.
French- Elementary Proficiency (Certification of level A1 & A2 from Alliance Francaise)
VOLUNTEER AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Volunteered for the “Student life ambassador program” and the “International Buddy program” to
help incoming Canadian and International students navigate their first year of studies at McGill
• Volunteered at SOS children’s village (orphanage), Rajpura, India as an elementary school teacher,
teaching Math’s and Science to underprivileged children between the ages of 5 to 15.
• Worked as an Invigilator during exams for the Enrolment services at McGill University.
• Worked as a part time line cook at Brit & Chips, Montreal, with a team of 10 members.
• Volunteered to organize workshops like “Learning to teach day”, “Would you fund it?” with Campus
life & Engagement, McGill University.
• Likes to play Cricket & Badminton in free time.
DECLARATION: - I hereby declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mechanical engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civil engineering lessons for all!
Taking aeronautics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$170||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$340||$250|