While tutoring, I am used to demonstrate relevance of topics in Mathematics, using specific examples from and within the area of application, use data and visual tools such as graphs and then through algebraic manipulation, so that students can feel leaning Mathematics, a lively experience instead of devolving the feel of something mechanical, in nature. Students are advised to practice, visualize similar examples and give feedback if they face any difficulty in understanding the subject.
Seminars and computer lab sessions are supplemented by use of digitized learning tools such as databases and packages namely Maple, Win QSB and Matlab.
I have long standing interest and expertise in teaching Mathematics courses at the levels of Bachelor's and Master's level.
In spite of my pedagogical experience at university level, I have formally taken a couple of courses in education/ pedagogy: 'Introduction to International Education and Development'; 'The Role of Education in Social Development in the Global South'; 'Education, Culture and Sustainable Development'; and 'Epistemology, research methods and statistics'.
I have published 15 Journal articles, while 13 of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I have extensive experience of supervising researches in domain of Social Sciences and in Humanities. So far, I have supervised over 141 student papers.
In recognition of my serveries in academics and in research, I was recently been invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Research Symposium.
Mentioned fee is applied for regular coaching of any of the given course contents, whereas for explicit feedback on home assignment, term project etc., we need to have a consensus about remuneration.
Inexact I have 29 years experience of working in academics: taught at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels; designed a series of courses, and worked as the course coordinator; worked as thesis supervisor and in the capacity of research coordinator.
Below is a list of my selected Journal publications and International Conference Proceedings:
• History of the Childhood Oppression, Inter-temporal resentment and Compliance with Codes of Harassment at the workplace: An Offender’s Perspective'. Business Ethics and Leadership, Volume 3, Issue 4. ISSN (online) 2520-6311. With H. Butt
• Modeling Spillover effects of Leapfrog development and Urban sprawl upon Institutional delinquencies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 216. With M. H. Noon.
• Educational status, the Social Demonstration effect and inclination to Save: Findings of a Cross sectional model. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, vol. 9, issue 3, pp 248-271. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. Q. Asad.
• Outreach of Financial institutions, access to Information and Energy substitutability: A Case for photovoltaic energy preferences in Agriculture sector, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 7, No. 8. With R. R. Ullah.
• Inter-Jurisdictional governance coordination, community support and compliance with the ILO 169 convention on indigenous rights: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of indigenous people of Kalash. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 4-14. Electronic ISSN. 2397-6942: Publisher: FLE Learning Ltd. With M. Ghalib.
• An Assessment into the Risk Factors in Inter-Temporal Sustainability of Cropping Sector. 18th International Academic Conference, London, United Kingdom, pp 358-371. Electronic ISBN: 978-80-87927-11-3. With B. Khan.
• Impact assessment of International policy coordination with the WTO Technical barriers to trade agreement and Foreign financial assistance upon the intent to comply with the agreement: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of Mango exporters. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pp 197-225. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. U. Bajwa.
• Self condemnation, Indebtedness and Financial Stress: Findings of a Cross-sectional Study. European Scientific Journal, Vol.SE1, pp 71-88. Electronic ISSN: 1857-7431. Publisher: European Scientific Institute. With H. N. Zaman.
• Foreign Investment, Technological Diffusion and Competiveness of Exports: A Case for Textile Industry. International Journal of Economics and Management Engineering. Vol: 9, No: 10, Electronic ISSN: 2226.-7344. With M. Awais.
• Impact Assessment of the Social Demonstration Effect and Religiosity upon Charitable Spending: Findings of a Cross Sectional Study. 19th International Academic Conference, Florence. pp 3-23. Publisher: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences ISBN 978-80-87927-15-1. With B. Maqbool
• Reciprocity and Interdependence in bilateral ties between Pakistan & India: A Game theoretic explanation. Proceeding, Law Conference 2015 (Cambridge) Series. With A. Ahmed
• An Assessment into the Drift in Direction of International Migration of Labor: Changing Aspirations for Religiosity and Cultural Assimilation. ICIMHS 2015: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. With R. Zulfiqar
• Openness of economy, Foreign investment inflows and Rent seeking behavior. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 2015, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.45-64, Electronic ISSN: 2148- 0192. With F. Manzoor.
• Geopolitics of International relations, US political regimes and the incidence of US bilateral Aid. GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) , Volume 4, Issue 1. With H. Imran.
• Political Economy of Regime switching and preferences for Inter-temporal Consumption. Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research. Vol 3(2). With F Tanvir.
• Modeling Socioeconomic and Political dynamics of Terrorism, ICCTHS 2014: International Conference on Counter Terrorism and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 7. With O. Younus.
• Impact assessment of Central bank autonomy & Exchange rate regimes upon Exchange rate volatility. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceeding, pp 242-250. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With S. Raza.
• Impact Assessment of State of Technology & the WTO Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) Agreement upon the Export Intensity of Textile Sector Exporters. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceedings, pp 816-826. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With A. Mehboob.
• Modeling Spillover effects of bilateral Trade upon sustainability of economic growth. ICBEF 2014: International Conference on Business, Economics and Finance. With T. H. Alvi
• Political deprivations, Political risk and the extent of Skilled Labor Migration: Finding of a Time-Series analysis. ICIMHS: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 8, No. 7. With H. Hamid.
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Governance, Legislative structure, Organizational Structure & HR, Infrastructure and Facility Arrangement at PSIC’. (2017).
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Impact Assessment of Removal of Natural Gas Subsidy for Fertilizer Industry and the Cost –Benefit Analysis of allocation of Natural Gas for Cement, Power or the Fertilizer Sector’. (2001-02).
Do you feel stuck and helpless in the application of Statistics or in quantitative stuff? Syed is the right person: knows his subjects and can simplify things for you, quickly. Get knowledge and troubleshoot complicated things! Superb!
Truly an excellent tutor, competent, and very generous with his time and dedication. I was just a few weeks away from the deadline with my thesis, and with his support and guidance, I managed to complete it on time. I can't thank him enough. I would highly recommend Toqueer to anyone looking for assistance with their thesis.
Incredible! Syed has helped me understand my research in ways that I previously had very little knowledge of. He has been able to help me understand my own paradigm and offers solutions to understanding how to put together a strong argument together that is comprehensive and consistent throughout the paper. I will continue with him regarding aspects of methodologies, particularly in quantitative analysis. He comes as a highly intelligent and experienced researcher. I recommend him if you are in need of a little "tough love" to help you create an impactful and novel research paper. His attention to detail is very precise. He is fair and understanding of researchers from beginner to advanced. I highly recommend Syed for the dissertation, thesis guidance, and support in writing a journal paper.
Syed is passionate, competent and stable headed. Manages time and difficult situations ,effectively. Highly recommended for trouble shooting as part of research/ thesis or in domain of quantitative modeling.
Passionate and Superb! Syed is a competent teacher with diversity and depth. I managed to grasp many technical concepts in domain of advanced regression. Highly recommended for quantitative methods and economics courses!
An icredibly knowlesgeable, helpful and so calm person! So much support I received along the way and with positive feedback which gave me the confidence that not matter how difficult some courses are, it goes with right help. I sought help in quantiative methods to ensure my proficiency. Everything just seend so simple when the right person helps and explain it. This right person was Syed!!!!
Proficient and dependable! Syed is an outstanding researcher as well as an excellent mentor with lots of precision and patience in his coaching and in providing the feedback. I found him to be an extremely professional person with quality knowledge, immense proficiency in research skills and untiring nature. From adjusting my original research notions into well structured research hypothesis, to structuring research design and in choosing quantitative tools to suit research needs, he has been superb. Despite the fact that I spent quite some time while working on my thesis, I was surprised to see how the academic value of my dissertation improved within a short frame of time, because of his continual feedback. With his guidance I was able to experiment Autoregressive distributed lag ARDL models, Autoregressive Moving average ARMA models as well as Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity ARCH models, as part of my dissertation. I would highly recommend Syed, to students of research methods, quantitative modeling and to beginner’s in research who are in search of a mentor who will increase their capabilities drastically over a short space of time.
It has been an excellent opportunity for me to learn Advanced Microeconomics from Syed. He is quite an experienced teacher with full command over use of visual and algebraic illustrations, along with a strong theoretical knowledge. Superb experience of learning from him.
Extremely privileged to have learned from Syed! His relentless contribution and generous guide as a Research Specialist/Analyst/ Supervisor to academicians, and exceptional knowledge of both qualitative research and quantitative modeling: econometric and statistical analysis is just a small reflection of his capabilities and strengths.
Wonderful teacher with proficiency in visual display of statistical tools, algebric manipulations and in use of real life illustrations. I am pleased to have learnt Econometric methods and tøøls of quantitative research, from him.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking mathematical analysis lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$80|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$800|