My classes are highly flexible and I find creative, engaging ways to improve both students' confidence and competency in all 4 components of the English Language (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) through the use of creative exercises and games. Students' goals and interests are important, and classes can be tailored to students individual goals however I believe in creative, joyful learning and I invite students to come learn through play
Hi! I'm Leah! I am a passionate educator with a Master of Arts in Applied Theatre, a Teaching English as a Second or Other Language certification, and 9+ years teaching experience. I have been teaching English as a Second Language in private and group lessons to early years, to elementary students, to high school grade groups, to 20-somethings, in communities around the world.
- Has Master of Arts (MA) in Applied Theatre; Drama in the Community and Drama Education, with distinctions, from The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Has a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies from Acadia University
- Completed my Teaching English as a Second or Other Language (TESOL) with LC ASIA in Cambodia and did a 9 month practicum teaching at a high school in Thailand during which time I ran after school drama workshops where I worked with year 9 students to write and produce a 30 minute long performance in English for a national competition
- I have 9+ years experience teaching early learners and young people English as a Second Language and teaching Math, Science, Geography, Social Studies, Drama, and Art in English to language learners
- I have experience teaching early year learners astronomy and science through arts-integrated practice and specialize in arts-integrated teaching, and in training teachers in art-integrated teaching methodology
FINE ARTS PERFORMANCE COORDINATOR, Renaissance Kids Education Centres Inc.
September 2020—May 2021 | Richmond, British Columbia
ONLINE DRAMA WORKSHOP FACILITATOR, Reach to Teach; Stevenson's Art Connection Ltd.
November 2020—January 2021 | Vancouver, British Columbia
ONLINE DRAMA & MIXED MEDIA TEACHER, Spark Online; Stevenson's Art Connection Ltd.
October 2020—December 2020 | Richmond/Vancouver, British Columbia
EARLY YEARS PRESENTER & PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT, Royal Museums Greenwich
August 2018—January 2020 | London, England
DRAMA WORKSHOPS FACILITATOR, Chiswick Holiday Courses
August 5-8, 2019 | London, England
DRAMA WORKSHOP FACILITATOR, Chiswick Holiday Courses
July 30—August 2, 2018 | London, England
DRAMA WORKSHOP FACILITATOR, Omnibus Theatre and CheerU
March—June 2018 | Beijing, China
EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER, Clerkenwell Mount Nursery
September 2017—March 2018| London, England
DRAMA WORKSHOP FACILITATOR, Adhyayan Storytelling Company
May—June 2017 | Mumbai, India
THEATRE WORKSHOP FACILITATOR, Providence Row
November 2016—March 2017 | London, England
FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER, Best Learning
May 2015—September 2016 | Beijing, China
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) TEACHER, Phukhieo High School
October 2014—March 2015 | Phukhieo, Thailand
AUCC Intern through Students for Development, Theatre for a Change
May—August 2012 | Accra, Ghana
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|