I have constantly encouraged higher order thinking during the interactive and inquiry based learning activities during my classroom practices. I strive to develop academic skills through differentiate instructions based on Multiple intelligences. I enjoy teaching slow learners and to figure out various strategies for academic success.
I am a teacher by profession. I offer a proven track record of commended performance teaching grade K – 7, with a passion for education and unwavering commitment to optimizing student success and academic learning. A positive reinforcement for behaviour management is my strength and problem solving and critical thinking in daily plans are my personal preferences.
Highlights of Qualifications
• 10+ years of teaching related experience
• Integrated use of Multiple Intelligences, Differentiate Instructions and Habits of Mind for classroom management
• Creative and flexible intellectual with ‘fun and learn’ attitude
• Practicing TFU (Teaching for Understanding Module) with emphasis on ‘Thinking Culture’
• Proficient in using multi-media and alternative delivery strategies including apps like Edmodo, Mindspark, ClassDojo
• Deeply committed to equitable education for all students
2003 Bachelor of Education (English) Saurashtra University, India
2002 Master of Arts (English) Saurashtra University, India
2000 Bachelor of Arts (English) Saurashtra University, India
1997 Diploma in Fashion Designing A.V.Parekh Tech. Institute, India
2019 Teaching Knowledge Test (Awarded Band 3 in Module 1, 2, 3)
Cambridge English Language Assessment
University of Cambridge, London
2006 Certificate of Qualification and Registration (No.485644)
Ontario College of Teachers, Toronto
Classroom Teacher (KG to Grade 2) June ’09 – April ‘19
The Galaxy Education System ((concealed information) Rajkot, India
• Incorporated co-operative learning activities (As per ICSE and IGCSE curriculum guideline)
• Prepared and executed lesson plans to inspire students for achieving their academic goals interconnected to the curriculum objective
• Integrated small group or individual classroom activities to ensure everyone is learning to their full potential
• Organized Parent- Teacher meet to maximize student’s learning, to identify the fall backs and to foster the effective work habits
• Motivated and guided students to participate in various competitions like Spell bee, Poem recitation. (13 out of 27 students was selected for round 2 in Spell bee competition in year 2018-19)
• Participated in ongoing trainings of teaching pedagogy to connect with the current trend of teaching methods
• Updated parents and students about daily agenda of the classroom through Edmodo
• Generated report card online, recorded the test results and given the final report updates to students
Teacher Volunteer Jan’08- Oct ‘08
Kings view Village Junior School Toronto, Canada
• Prepared, organized and assessed students with various tests to determine the reading level
• Assisted classroom teacher to check and mark test papers, with Running Records and offered other administrative help related to the classroom resources
• Supervised and facilitated students during their day outs and visits, art and craft and language activity projects
• Individual Education Plan based on one to one need
Visiting Lecturer 1997 - 1998
A V Parekh Technical Institute Rajkot, India
• Taught various subjects like Fashion Illustration, Pattern Making, Indian history of Fabric, Fashion Designing on CAD
• Trained Final semester students for year-end project as a project guide
Other Certification and Training Recognition:
• Basic qualifications – Primary and Junior from University of Toronto
• Additional Qualification – English as a Second Language, Part I (Equiv.)
• A+ certificate from ‘Trinity College of London’ (GECE – grade 6 Elementary)
• 7 habits of highly effective people – 2 years rigorous training – Basic and Advanced
• Mentored junior teachers to get acquainted with the school system and current curriculum
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest homework help lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, academic coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|