My teaching method consists of the use of presentation slides, quizzes and discussions as a way of getting my student involved in the lessons and being able to assess their understanding of the topic being taught. I base my teaching on a combination of my previous lecture notes and personal notes created from textbooks and journal articles. I also give assignments prior to each lesson to improve my student's learning of what is being taught.
I am a doctoral researcher with a two-year experience in giving one-to-one lessons in specific areas of Law. I graduated with a 2:1 in my LLB (Hons.) Law degree and a Distinction in my LLM International Commercial Law Degree.
A highly determined, enthusiastic and conscientious graduate researcher in Law with a broad and keen interest in legal aspects of cybersecurity and enhancing cybersecurity compliance for financial services, I am particularly committed to making the most of every opportunity to develop my legal and interpersonal skills to become not only an efficient lawyer, but also to be an asset at anywhere I find myself in the world.
Newcastle University January 2017 – January 2020
PhD in Law
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) January 2017 – January 2018
University of Reading September 2015 – September 2016
LLM International Commercial Law (Distinction)
Aberystwyth University September 2013 – June 2015
LLB Law (2:1)
HELP University College July 2012 – May 2013
UK Degree Transfer Programme in Law
Client Negotiation Skills
Pacesetters College September 2010 – June 2011
West African Senior School Certificate Examination: 9 at grade A – C (4 A’s including Commerce)
Debenhams, Reading (Stockroom Assistant/Sales Adviser) October 2016 – December 2016
• Process sale transactions, deal with customer enquiries, provide information on services offered in store, check received items against ordered items, process and price items and ensure items are properly arranged on the shop floor
University of Reading (Catering Front of House Assistant) June 2016 – September 2016
• Serving food to customers, restocking food shelves, processing payments of food items, assisting with cleaning duties of catering areas and carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
University of Reading (Caller) March 2016
• Making outbound calls via skype to prospective postgraduate students of the university, assisting with enquiries, taking notes on responses received and providing information on the university
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
British Red Cross, Ceredigion (Volunteer and Fundraiser) February 2014 – August 2015
• Promoted Red Cross volunteering opportunities at the university, planned and maintained strategies for fundraising events and assisted with volunteering fairs to give information on roles available.
Age Cymru, Ceredigion (Volunteer) February 2014 – December 2014
• Fundraising and retail activities in form of pop-up shop sales
Sub-Saharan Advisory Panel, Cardiff Wales (Intern) May 2014 - September 2014
• Conducting Research on Diaspora issues including Female Genital Mutilation, creating policy documents, creating spreadsheets, filling and updating data entries
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Workshop July 2017
Delivered my first microteaching session, received feedback on teaching, familiarised myself with assessment and marking practices, learnt about professionalism in teaching and responsibilities of a teacher towards students
• Member, Sub-Saharan Africa Research Society August 2017
• Affiliate Member, International Compliance Association September 2017
• Student Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) December 2016
University of Reading, Law School July 2016
• Participant in a Teaching and Learning Project to redesign the Advanced International Commercial Law Issues module
Aberystwyth University September 2014 – June 2015
• Review Board Member, Aberystwyth University Student Law and Criminology Journal
• Functional President Aberystwyth University Red Cross Group
• General Student Ambassador
Oplex Careers August 2016
• Anti-Money Laundering Course (Level 3 Award)
Open University May 2016
• Introduction to Cybersecurity
British Red Cross Learning Platform May 2015
• Certificates in Project planning, Project risks, SWOT analysis and Marketing plan.
A self-confessed writer in poetry that likes to monitor global events in my spare time through the media, I enjoy reading novels, food blogging, photography, engaging in several craftworks and counselling people.
• Languages – English (Fluent), French (Intermediate written and Basic Spoken)
• IT Skills – Competent use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook) and SPSS Statistics Software.
T. Atere; "Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Contracts in Nigeria: Creating a Balance Between National Oil Companies and Private International Partners"
OGEL 1 (2018), (concealed information)
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$105||$102|