Believing that everyone learns at his or her own pace, my lessons are student-focused and individually tailored to meet the specific needs of each learner. In order to monitor progress and to help students stay motivated, I utilize assessments throughout the learning process. I also have a multi-modal approach to fully engage students and will integrate activities involving literature, songs, popular culture, current events and other topics based on student's interests and educational needs.
I have experience teaching English and research techniques in Bhutan and have taught a variety of K-12 students for the past five years in a classroom setting. In 2017, I transitioned into adult education and began teaching intermediate ESL both one on one and in a group. I have also attended Handwriting without Tears workshops to help students gain greater confidence with their cursive writing and printing. I provide private tutoring to both children and adults to meet their needs whether it be simply building confidence in classroom material, improving English skills or test preparation, such as CELBAN, IELTS, and TOEFL.
My rates are as follows:
Individualized Lessons: $40/hr (Price includes individual lesson planning and initial assessment to see areas of strength and weakness) or $25/hr + $200 initial assessment fee. **Group (2+ individuals attending at the same time) discount available for $20/hr + $150 initial assessment fee.
Homework Help (student provides the lesson materials to work on): $25/hr
I require 24 hours cancellation notice; if less than 24 hours, you agree to pay for that session. If I, for whatever reason, cancel on less than 24 hours, I will provide the replacement session free.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5 years of experience teaching in various environments
• Passionate about delivering quality education
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly flexible; able to work varying shifts including days and evenings
• Computer skills include Microsoft Office
ESL Instructor Bredin Centre for Learning January 2017- March 2018
Red Deer, Alberta
• Planned for and conduct Adult ESL evening and day courses
• Presented material in an organized manner
• Created classroom environment to facilitate discussion, questions and risk taking
Substitute Teacher Red Deer Catholic Schools September 2014-Current
Red Deer, Alberta
• Teach pre-kindergarten to grade 12 students
• Utilize differentiated learning techniques to actively engage students in assigned lessons
Elementary Teacher Edmonton Catholic Schools September 2013- June 2014
• Taught five core subjects to grade 2 and grade 4 students
• Used the Fountas and Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention system
• Collaborated with homeroom teachers to ensure consistency
Elementary Teacher Northern Lights School Division October 2012-June 2013
Lac La Biche, Alberta
• Taught a grade 2 class, in which half of the students required individualized educational programming
• Integrated the Daily 5 Literacy Framework across subject areas
ESL Tutor Red Deer Public Library 2017-Current
Red Deer, Alberta
• Plan and conduct weekly one-on-one tutoring sessions focusing on speaking and reading
• Maintain flexibility within the structure of tutoring sessions to meet specific tutee needs.
TESL Level 1 Certification University of Calgary
Bachelors of Education University of Alberta
Bachelors of Philosophy in Leadership University of New Brunswick
• Handwriting Without Tears Training
• Teaching English TEFL/TESOL Online Training
• Daily 5 Literacy and Daily 3 Math Training
My name’s Crystal, I am an internationally educated nurse. I need to pass an English exam, which is Celban in order for me to upgrade into a Canadian RN. However, I was struggling on my speaking skills as it is not my mother tongue. Larissa taught and guided me to improve my speaking skills. She was organized and always on time. She was easy to get along with, and I was very comfortable with her. During the initial phase, she assessed my English skills, then tailored a teaching plan according to my needs. She helped me improve my pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. And these assisted me to boost my confidence of speaking in English. On May 2018, I passed my Celban exam with a score of 8 in speaking. I highly recommend Larissa for her dedication of teaching English language, and helping the international students to improve their knowledge and skills in using English as a second language.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|