I engage my students with popular and controversial topics for critical thinking.
I believe smaller classes are more conducive to inclusivity and learning.
I have a wacky sense of humor that lets me connect with students on a fun level
I am well traveled and understand diversity
I was a social worker for 10years and a teacher for 12 years.
I am a world traveler and embrace cultural diversity.
I challenge my students to be open minded and inclusive.
I believe the expression that says If people cannot learn the way they are taught then they should be taught the way they can learn.
I would prefer to have a commitment of at least 5 hours paid up front
that is nonrefundable if student cancels
I am submitting my resume to request a dialogue about a possible opportunity to work at your institute.
My teaching experience in Mexico extends from Universidad del Noreste, Universidad Autonoma Centro de Idiomas (CELEX), Tec de Monterrey Tampico, Universidad del Valle de Mexico SLP, Universidad Tangamanga, and Harmon Hall Language School in San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez. I have also taught Social Studies, History, Geography and Literature to secondary school students at Coligio Americano, a bilingual school in Ciudad Juarez.
I am CELTA certified through Language Studies Canada. I have a BA in Counseling, and a diploma in Social Work from Seneca College in Toronto Canada.
I am an experienced traveler and I have an eclectic approach to cultural diversity. I am honest, hard working, patient, creative, disciplined, and motivated. My experience in mentoring and facilitating youth and adults has helped me to draw on my life skills and resources. I have learned that effective teaching incorporates a combination of empathy, respect, communication and imagination. My teaching experience allowed me to implement both the theoretical and applied techniques I have learned.
I strongly believe my extensive experience and education allow me to create an engaging, interactive, student centered classroom environment. I know I will be a valuable asset on your team. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing from you.
Highlights of Qualifications
• Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (CELTA)
• Thorough knowledge of student-centered teaching methodology
• Strong writing skills and academic background
• Proven ability to make learning appealing to youth and adults through hands on activities
• Certified to work with marginalized and disabled persons.
• Extensive travel experience enables me to adapt to new cultures and customs with ease.
January 2011 to present Universidad del Noreste Tampico
• Taught English advanced to high school and University students
• Planned classes with English Language team
• Submitted grades in a timely manner to facilitate administration requirements
• Reviewed and edited exam formats for the English Coordinator
August 2010 to 2012 Universidad Autonoma Centro de Idiomas (CELEX) and Tec de Monterrey Tampico
• ESL teacher for levels 4 to 10
• Review and edit exam formats for the Academic Coordinator
• Promoted independent learning by advocating reading and vocabulary building
• Helped other teachers to develop writing skills to prepare for Trinity College Exams
August 2009 to July 2010. Coligio Americano Secondary School. Cd. Juarez, Mexico.
• English Literature, Social Studies and History teacher.
• Created lesson plans under strict guidelines and developed and applied quizzes and exams for multilevel classes.
• Encouraged creativity in students with projects and presentations.
• Submitted all grades, timetables, planning and academic paraphernalia in a timely manner.
July 2008 to 2010 Harmon Hall Language School, San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez
• ESL Teacher and mentor for students of English.
• Facilitated and supported students of all levels to improve their English conversation.
• Organizing and managing the Conversation Club with Movies, Music and Phonics.
• Travelled to clients facilities to accommodate their needs and schedules.
July 2008 to January 2009. Universidad del Valle de Mexico San Luis Potosi
• ESL Teacher for the Foreign Languages Program- all levels
• English for the Hospitality Industry, Switzerland Glion Program
• Teaching English composition for the Walden University USA on-line course
• Facilitated and supported students of lower levels to improve their English conversation.
September 2007- June 2008. Tangamanga University, San Luis Potosi, Mexico. ESL Teacher
• ESL Teacher for the Foreign Languages Program
• Promoted to Principal teacher of Foreign Languages program
• Assisted in the development of a teacher training course.
• Facilitated and supported students of lower levels to improve their English conversation
July 2007- September 2008. NCA Language School. Toronto Ontario.
• ESL Teacher
June 2005-Dec 2006 Lakeview Neuro-rehab Center. N.H. USA. Residential Specialist
• Teaching and monitoring adults with brain injuries.
• Teaching and supervising staff on practice and procedures of organizational standards.
• Very high success rate of managing and redirecting behavioral clients.
1999-2005 Community Living York South. Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. Residential Supervisor.
• Initiated and created a team to start a Group Home for intellectually disabled adults.
• Trained and mentored staff members by demonstrating my own work ethic.
• Managed a team of professionals in service delivery of programs and administration protocols.
• Teaching/training staff on the safe use of equipment and personal aid devices for clients.
ESL Teacher, New Immigrant Center, Toronto, Ontario. 1979-1982
Camp Coordinator. Youth camp mentor, organizer and chaperon. 1975-1985
World Council of Religions. Ad-hoc member. Toronto, Canada.1985-1990
Markham Youth Soccer League. Coach/ Assistant coach
CELTA. University of Cambridge English Language Teachers Program. Toronto, Canada. 2007.
Bachelor of Arts in Counselling. Canyon College, Idaho USA. 2006.
Social Service Worker Diploma with Honors. Seneca College, Toronto Canada. 2002.
Computer Lab Inc. Windows, Microsoft Office, Word, Internet and email. 1999.
First of all he is a native speaker from Canada which is what ESL students need in Mexico in order to be better in their learning and pronunciation.. Second he is a great and passionate person on what he does. And my last reason why I think he is trustworthy is because he has the wisdom and the preparation and skills that a great teacher must have. 100% trustworthy. Thank you. ️
A great teacher whit his teach method, helped me a lot to speak and write in English.
Mr. Ayob is one of the best english teachers that I ever had. He loves teaching and also gives the extra mile in all his classes. You don't get boring with his talks, ha has interested topics to share. Also, he listens his students, not only if you have problems with his class. If you have any kind of problem, and you need to tell someone, he listens to you. You can learn a lot of things about the life with him. He's very comprehensive. He makes you work hard and give your best. If you want to learn english, and speak it, he's the best option :)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$1110||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$250|