When I teach, I typically try to create a solid base of knowledge to build on. I do this by approaching the topic with visual aids or by calling upon already existing intuition. My philosophy is providing one-on-one support to foster a relationship where question asking is encouraged and learning is meaningful.
Currently I am a student at the University of Waterloo studying Economics and have a passion for spreading knowledge. In my journey to getting to university, I have been able to tutor many friends, relatives, and even have strangers come up to me before tests! I have volunteered in leading reading programs so you know I have patience and a will to make you succeed. No need to be shy, I am here to help you!
Summary of Qualifications
● In-depth familiarity with MS Office software and counterparts
● Detail oriented with strong analyzation skills to find defects and propose efficient
and strategic solutions that are verified through testing
● Highly influential in team and leadership settings with managerial experience
● Honed organizational skills by coordinating university, job, and extracurriculars
● Strong public speaking, writing, research, and data analysis skills developed
through various research assignments and work reports
● University of Waterloo- Waterloo, ON Undergraduate Studies (expected grad 2024)
Candidate for Bachelor of Arts in Economics with Human Resources minor
Relevant coursework includes Econ, Excel, Statistics, PPT, HRM, and English
● June 2020- Present Kitchener/Waterloo, Setting up Service-Based Business
○ Connecting with individuals to lay groundwork of marketing, branding, development, and budgeting of home-based sewing business
● Sept-Nov 2020 Spirit Halloween- Kitchener, Front-End Manager, Lead Cashier
○ Enhanced customer experience by collaborating with team members to excel in
daily tasks; proposed more efficient methods for correspondence with HQ
● Sep 2019 to Present Top Tier Marketing- ON, Brand Ambassador
○ Representing companies in community and network-building opportunities by
sharing product expertise and mentoring other ambassadors to translate technical concepts to target audience (on hold due to COVID-19)
● May-Aug 2020 Course work (Econ 221)- UW, Statistics for Economics
○ Made use of Excel’s data analysis toolpak in order to analyze and draw
data-based conclusions about COVID-19 stats obtained from government sources while striving to automate capabilities of the program
● Nov-Dec 2019 Hickory Farms- Waterloo, Key Holder/ Sales Associate
○ Met daily sales goals through excellent customer service skills and product
knowledge and managed store-closing procedures and bank deposits
●2017-2018 Frank Hurt Senior Secondary School- Surrey, Reading Buddy
○Provided support and guidance to children struggling with reading by engaging in one-on-one sessions
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|