I believe in a friendly environment where the student feels like he/she is a friend to the teacher and can ask as many questions as he/she wants. I feel in order to have the best result out of a tutoring, the class needs to be interactive. I take feedbacks from students and adjust my methods according to the students' needs. I have gotten positive comments at the end of all of my teaching experiences which proves the merit of this method. :-)
I'm MASc Graduate in Electrical Engineering with a great passion for teaching and a solid background on Math and Physics who has more than 8 years of one on one and group tutoring and teaching experience in any level of education. I have taught students from elementary school to university students without any problems :-)
Master of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, Sept. 2015 – May 2017.
Graduate thesis topic: Simulation, fabrication and test of novel surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters using PiezoMUMPs Process and aluminum nitride.
Thesis Supervisor: Professor Raafat Mansour
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering (Bioelectrical Engineering Esp.), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2014.
Undergraduate thesis topic: Image and signal processing for creating a contour map through functional near infrared spectroscopy.
Thesis Supervisor: Professor S. K. Setarehdan
TEACHING WORK EXPERIENCE
Teaching Assistant, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Sept. 2015 – May. 2017.
• Graded finals, midterms, quizzes and assignments of more than 100 undergraduate engineering students per term.
• Instructed undergraduate electrical circuit lab for 100 students by demonstrating procedures, guiding and grading students’ lab reports.
• Supported lab instructors and students in laboratory exercises and experiments for the courses of Electrical Circuits for Mechatronics and Electrical Engineering Students
• Received ExpecTAtion Teaching Assistant certificate, Sept. 2015.
• Provided one-on-one assistant to students having difficulties with course material through office hours.
• Received high teaching evaluation score of 4.7/5
Tutoring, Live Switch Board, Waterloo, ON, Canada May 2015 – May 2017
• Tutoring high school and University Students in courses such as Math, Statistics, Computer science, Chemistry, etc.
English Teacher, Simin Educational Association, Babolsar, Mazandaran, Iran, Sept. 2012 – Sept. 2013
• Teaching English to students between ages of 10 and 14.
• Organized class activities to enhance the learning
• Provided a close to native environment for better understanding of everyday English
Personal Tutoring, Sept. 2009 – Present
• Personal Tutoring for school and university students in various subjects of mathematics and science.
• Provided sample quiz and problems during exam period.
• Helped students better understand the subject in a warm environment.
• Received very positive feedback from the pupils.
• Tutored at different places including the students’ house.
Teaching Assistant, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, Sept. 2013 – May 2014.
• Graded 120 written assignments per term to evaluate students’ understanding of Radiology, Medical Physics, and intro to biomedical engineering according to rubric specifications.
• Provided critical feedback to students via written comments.
• Held tutorials weekly for Radiology and Medical Physics for more than 20 students.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• International Masters Student Award, Sept. 2015 – May. 2017.
• Recognized with honour as an asset in the Iranian Conference in Biomedical Engineering Nov. 2013.
• Ranked 3rd among bioelectrical engineering students on year 2014 at the University of Tehran.
• Semifinalist of Chemistry Olympiad, 2008.
• Software: FEM Software, COMSOL, Coventorware, Advanced Design Systems (ADS), MATLAB, Simulink
• Instrument: Vector Network Analyzers (VNA and PNA), Microcontrollers
• Programming: C/C++, Verilog, Microcontroller programming
• Editor of University of Waterloo’s newspaper Imprint, Sept. 2016 – May 2017.
• President of University of Tehran’s Biomedical Engineering Student Branch (UTBMESB), 2013.
• Collaborated in Iranian Conference in Biomedical Engineering as the president of UTBMESB, Nov. 2013.
• Native in Farsi.
• Reading knowledge in Arabic.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|