I have experience teaching children from 3-year-olds learning how to count, to high school students learning calculus. The most effective way to learn and understand mathematics is through practice questions and learning how to solve problems through thinking step by step. My method includes introducing simple concepts to build up to more complex ones and demonstrating examples at every step.
I am an undergraduate engineering student at the University of Alberta specializing in Materials Engineering. I graduated high school with Honours with Distinction and received an International Baccalaureate Certificate as well. I have taken numerous math classes in university, including Calculus (I, II, III), Linear Algebra (I, II), and Differential Equations. I have also taken many chemistry courses including general chemistry, electrochemistry, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and organic chemistry.
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA | BSc in Materials Engineering
Sep 2016 - Apr 2020 | Edmonton, AB
LILLIAN OSBORNE HIGH SCHOOL | High School Diploma, International Baccalaureate Certificate
Sep 2013 - Jun 2016 | Edmonton, AB | Graduation Average: 95%
KUMON MATH AND READING CENTRE | Teaching Assistant
• Grading students’ homework assignments,in-class worksheets, and exams in mathematics and reading
• Assisting students in grade K to 12 with worksheets and explain concepts
• Ensuring students are focused on their work and completing worksheets within a reasonable time
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA STUDENTS’ UNION | InfoLink Peer Advisor
• Provided quality customer service to the campus community including students, staff, and visitors
• Promoted InfoLink and Students’ Union services and events through social media
• Performed administrative duties on shift such as creating and updating office materials and organizing files
ROTARY CLUB OF EDMONTON NORTHEAST | Public Engagement Intern
• Developed and implemented a successful social media engagement strategy for the organization
• Managed social media platform accounts and communicated with businesses and individuals
• Identified a plan for sustainable public engagement for future years to attract new members
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|