To be clear: I tutor both English and French and have years of experience with both languages.
My approach to tutoring differs between children. Ideally, I would have one meeting with the student to determine their needs and work on whatever assignment/material they are struggling with. From this, I could plan future sessions. Planning includes setting specific goals to achieve, finding relevant exercise sheets or activities, determining how frequently to meet (and for how long), and determining how often to take breaks during a session (depends on child). I have personal experience with overcoming difficulties in my classes, and I hope to help other children do the same.
I also have experience working with students not currently taking language lessons, in which case I can develop my own lesson plans.
Note: For Group lessons (I will take up to 3 students at a time), I charge $40/ hour for two students and $50 for three students. I will ensure that I help all students in a session excel individually and together.
I am a university student in Ontario, Canada studying English and Business with a minor in French. I have more than six years experience working with children, and more than four years experience in tutoring and teaching. I have tutored a variety of subjects from elementary school to university level, and worked with students whose native language is English or French.
During my time as an assistant teacher and youth program leader, I developed lesson plans for students ages three to seventeen. I also have experience writing and editing essays and other academic assignments.
I am a graduate of an academic Toronto high school and am deeply passionate about school and the subjects I am studying.
I would like to charge $14 (50%) for cancellation under 12 hrs before. I would be willing to talk over the phone or webcam for free, however for a first lesson where I have to travel, I would like to do a full-length paid session. I am willing to provide references if need be.
For Group lessons (I will take up to 3 students at a time), I charge $40/ hour for two students and $50 for three students.
Experience Guide, St. Jerome’s University College, University of Waterloo – 2018 to Present
• Led university residence and academic tours, and assisted with open houses
• Represented the college and encouraged prospective students to join the community
Tutor, Childcare Provider – 2012 – Present
• Teachers’ assistant and tutor for students in kindergarten and grade four/five classes
• Tutor for first-year university students in French and business
• Red cross certified babysitter for children ages infant to thirteen
Program Leader, First Narayever Synagogue – September 2017 to August 2018
• Prepared and taught weekly lessons for children aged three to thirteen
• Worked with other leaders and community parents to develop curriculum
Assistant Teacher, Downtown Jewish Community School – September 2017 to June 2018
• Prepared and led educational activities including workshops, debates, and trivia for students 12-17
• Provided constructive feedback on individual participation and performance
Wellness Team Member, Leader, University of Toronto Schools – September 2016 to June 2018
• Supervised and led a team of 20 students to implement wellness initiatives in the school community
including healthy breakfasts and lunches during the year and wellness workshops and workouts
• Planned and organized all initiatives, delegated important tasks, ensured everyone stayed on-schedule
• Acted as a liaison between the student body, faculty, and health professionals
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Michael Elmarson Memorial award, University of Toronto Schools – 2018
• Awarded to a student who has demonstrated kindness, care, and compassion for other members of the
UTS Alumni War Memorial Scholarship, University of Toronto Schools – 2016
• Awarded for scholarship, character, and all around improvement over the school year
University of Waterloo Candidate for a Bachelor of Arts, Honors Arts and Business – 2018 to 2023
• Major in Rhetoric, Media and Professional Communications
• Minor in French Language Studies
University of Toronto Schools (UTS) – 2015 to 2018
Excellent tutor! Gives special attention to how students respond to different methods of explanation and modify explanations according to the best way for the student to learn.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$28||$28|