My teaching includes, creating rapport with the student. Making them feel comfortable with the subject by relating to every day examples. Motivating students by giving examples of people who they wish they could be, or the subjects they are studying.
I have been teaching for 5 years in a school setting, I have also taught online as well for 5 years. I have an MPhil in English Language & Literature. I have taught all grades ranging from Grade 3 to Academic or Professional Test students.
If the student is in Grade 11 and higher, they rates range from $25 to $30. If the student find it difficult to pay, I'm okay with $25.
August 2017 - Present
• Teaching Grade 7--Language Arts, Math, Science, Geography, History, and Physical Education
according to Ontario Curriculum
• Assigning creative projects combining multiple subjects
• Using web tools like IXL, Khan Academy, Vocabulary, Goosechase & Duolingo to keep track of
individual progress of the students
• Convinced my Al Furqan Team to get paid version of IXL
• Started a Search Project in which every student can contribute for the whole year and share their
discoveries with everyone at the end of the year
• Motivate students to do their best by assigning individual goals
• Introduced 3D printing through Imagine Space to my school
• My class and the school came 2nd on Vocabulary.com's Vocabulary Bowl in Ontario Division III
• To focus on project based learning, real time collaborative language and science based were
• Troubleshooting of Chromebooks for students
Urdu Language Instructor
June 2017 - Present
• Teaching Urdu to Level 1 and Level 2 students
• Focus on activity based learning
• Motivating and experimenting with different styles of learning
May 2007 - July 2018 (11 years 3 months)
Have been running Muwasalat & other network of blogs with a view count of more than 2 million.
Muwasalat is a playground of tiny experiments: linguistic, psychological & philosophical. It also
shares information on education, science, English literature, innovative websites & indie music.
May 2017 - June 2017 (2 months)
• Teaching and instructing Grade 7 & Grade 8 students
• Launched and motivated Grade 8 students to participate in Al-Furqan Group on Freerice.com--a
site that donates 10 grains of rice for every correct answer through World Food Programme
• Checking, marking, and recording grades for Math drills of students
• Resolving student queries in Maths.
• Organized a Soccer tournament between four classes
English Lecturer (along with tasks of Sales, Marketing, and Administration)
July 2014 - February 2017 (2 years 8 months)
• Daily delivering 45 mins lectures to multiple classes with a strength of 35-50 students
• Preparing annual course plan for Intermediate Part I & II
• Uploading result & attendance on LMS
• Using internet and multimedia in classroom for rich learning experience
• Preparing & supporting students for English debating competitions
• Made 5 years past paper solution for Intermediate Part I
• Submitted corrections for Concordia.pk
• Audio recording of a play in the textbook
• PowerPoint presentation on exam format
• Convinced Concordia's management to change the name of the Campus from 'Harbanspura' to
• Career counselling of students
• Started Debating, Science, Music, Sports, Volunteer societies for the first time
• Solely managing the extra-curricular activities of female and male students both
• Preparing students for debates
• Taking students on field trips and tours of 3 days
• Sold admission packages to new interested candidates (50+)
• Sold Alhamra art council tickets to the college students and others (300+)
• As a promotional strategy, suggested changing the name of the college campus, it was accepted
it was changed to ‘Harbanpura’ to ‘Canal’
Marketing Executive at CureMD Healthcare
September 2013 - December 2013 (4 months)
Articles written on Healthcare IT, EHR & more, see goo.gl/30TS8X
• Content writing
• Calling for AUGM confirmation
• CureMD's new website editing for design and content improvement
• Proofreading of CureMD's AUGM brochure
• Tweeting & Finding new ways to reach bigger Twitter audience
• Researching for possible markets
• Giving psychology and philosophy based ideas for website improvement
• Convinced my CureMD's marketing team to change Twitter URL from CureMD_EMR to CureMD
• Persuaded my Team to put CureMD on Wikipedia
University of the Punjab, Lahore
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), English Language and Literature, 2011 - June 2013
Activities and Societies: Dramatics, Computer & Internet Programs Recommendation/Management
University of the Punjab, Lahore
Master of Arts (M.A.), English Language and Literature, 2009 - 2011
Activities and Societies: Poetry Recitation, Dramatics, Fundraising, Computer & Internet Programs
Honors and Awards
Duolingo English Proficiency Exam (Verified Certificate), First Year Teaching (Secondary Grades) -
Success from the Start (Verified Certificate), Writing in the Sciences, English Debates, Competitions
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|