My teaching method is very much a hands on approach. I feel the best way to teach a student is to adapt to their needs. I am very vocal, as well as thorough in my explanations. I feel the best way to teach someone is to interact with them, try and get an understanding of their preferred learning style, then offer an approach that is suited to the student.
I am an English Language graduate, from Warrington. I spent three years studying the English Language. I have taught a couple students, however, I have been helping people with Literacy skills for many years. I am one that will try to offer multiple explanations, in order for the student to understand properly.
My average will be £17 p/h, however, A-Levels will incur extra costs. Travel costs depend on location of student. Please give at least 48 hours notice for cancellations.
18 Collett Close, Wigan, WN1 3JB.
Tel: (concealed information)4
Education and Qualifications
2014-2017 Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire
BA (Hons) English Language (2:1)
• Modern English Structure & Usage
• Phonetics and Phonology
• Analysing Discourse
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
2012-2014 St. John Rigby College, Orrell
A level I.T. (B); English Language and Literature (B); History (C)
2007-2012 Golborne High School, Warrington
10 GCSEs (A*-C) Including: English, Maths and Science
• Supervise menswear, home and the customer service desk - ensuring all staff are fulfilling their roles. Also, ensuring that menswear and home are well presented with a sufficient amount of stock put out.
• Ensure that the tills are correct, in terms of counting the money, to ensure the amount matches the transactions that have been processed.
• Handle any customer complaints, issues, or any queries they may have.
• Manage staff in terms of covering holidays, sick days, and also being the one that staff can approach with any issues or problems they may have, and try to ensure these issues are resolved.
• Handle all the customer service training, ensuring all staff know how to address customers, and how to handle any issues. This also included the training of: how to use tills, tidy the department, putting stock out, and the basic procedures they need to follow when working in the store.
• Handle all training for staff, carry out inductions, and maintain staffs’ customer service skills and knowledge.
Customer Service Assistant/ March 2014-July2016
• Handle all returns and exchanges from customers, ensuring any faults with items are processed correctly.
• Handle any customer queries, complaints, or any issues and offer assistance in resolving these issues to ensure the customer is satisfied, and had a pleasant shopping experience.
• When quiet (as well as during overtime) I often helped out on menswear, putting stock out and helping tidy the department to ensure it was tidy and well presented to a set standard.
• I have a full, clean, UK Driving license.
• Took part in the Duke of Edinburgh bronze award.
• I am very comfortable and up-to-date with technology.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking linguistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$156||$149|
|10 hours||Not available||$312||$297|