I help my students be able to communicate in English by adapting interactive class activities and projects. I assigne group and pair activities and direct animated discussions to stimulate the motivation to learning. My role is to monitor and guide my students through their learning process.
I have been hepling adult and young students to aqcuire the competene to communucate in Engligh in writing as well as orally for more than 18 years. I obtained a master degree in Linguistics in my home country Tunisia and I'm doing an M.Ed ( Master of Education) at the University of Montreal Currently.
Summary of competency
• English Language teacher. Enthusiastic and project oriented;
• Speaks three Languages;
• Resourceful, with 20 years of experience with students;
• Dedicated to individual student growth and adept at detailed monitoring of class progress;
• Mother of two energetic children who takes a break doing loops in a swimming pool;
• Never enough traveling, fuelled by curiosity.
D.E.S.S en Education
Oriented to post-secondary education 2020-2021(in Progress)
Université de Montréal
Master of Arts
Specialized on Linguistics, Discourse Analysis
• Thesis: A Critical Discourse Analysis of News Texts: Representations of Middle Eastern Economies in The Economist (2001-2003)
The Faculty of Lettres, Arts and Humanities - La Manouba. Tunisia
Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature
Majored in Linguistics
Higher Institute of Languages – Tunis
English Language Teacher 09/2007 to 08/2020
Faculty of Human and Social Sciences 9 April- Tunis, Tunisia
• Prepared comprehensive English curriculum for Geography, psychology, sociology and history students at the graduate and undergraduate levels
• Set class objectives and monitored daily performance to offer equal access to education
• Consulted with teachers in different disciplines to identify and adopt successful instructional strategies to help students with their specific needs
• Planned and delivered courses for undergraduate students which help them acquire the competence to write in English dissertations in the field of their studies
• Developed and directed an Oral Skills course which help adult students communicate in English in study and work settings
• Grading and scoring with project and traditional assignments
English Language instructor 01/2003 to 06/2007
Faculty of Letters, Arts and Humanities – La Mannouba
• Planned reading and writing coursework to classes of 30-40 adult students to acquire the necessary competence to be able to read documentation for their study speciality
• Designed materials for a communication skills course to Italian students
• Initiated and facilitated classroom discussions for college-level students in order to develop their ability to communicate in English in study and work settings
Business English instructor 09/2003 to 12/2003
Faculty of Economics and Management – Sfax
• Designed and developed instructional activities and resources after conducting needs analysis assessments taking into consideration students' needs, interests and speciality backgrounds
• Taught business English that adult students need in pursuing their higher education and need in work place as well
• Love reading in tree languages- Paulo Coelho- Ahlam Mosteghanemi- Milan Kundera;
• Swimming is my escape;
• Interested in personnel development.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|