My teaching method is based on everyday conversational English, with an specific Grammar topic, developing your reading, writing, comprehension and listening abilities. Always keeping in mind that every student has specific needs and learns at a different pace. Lessons for individual or groups, from begginers to advance level.
Over 25 years leaving in Canada with a Bachelors Degree on Business Administration; a passion for teaching, coaching, customer service and being involved with my community, volunteering for the last 12 years for one of the oldest festivals in Canada!
Cancellation Policy is a minimum of 24 hours in advance otherwise full fee will apply.
Hard working achiever, dedicated to on-time delivery, goal driven, enthusiastic team player, with a BBA specialized in Tourism
Experienced English – Spanish Teacher, with passion for helping students of all ages learn about language. Fluent 100% (writing, reading, speaking) in Spanish and English.. Attending to detail and seeking a challenging role. First Aid and CPR Certified.
Sterling Coach Tours – January 3th, 2018 – to August 2019
Office and Tour Manager
• Manage Daily Office Tour Operations
• Development of new tours – select the destination (s), booking of hotels, meals, attractions, create itinerary in compliance with the legal hours of driving for the coach driver.
• Develop Marketing Strategy
• Attending trade shows
• Escort tours, to ensure the logistics of itineraries are correct as well as to have the opportunity to ensure great customer service and interact directly with the passengers.
• Travel - to meet with suppliers.
• Assist on the development of the company’s new website and marketing
• QuickBooks – entering customer data, creating and sending invoicing, payments in compliance with Tico regulations.
• Team work to coordinate the office regular dispatch with the Tours and shop
Cleo – Division of Comark Bramalea City Centre – August 15th ,2016 – December 31st, 2017-Assistant Store Manager
• Effectively Manage daily store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance
• Maintain the store in top running order, from inventory, processing sales, reports, recruiting and training staff to accomplish sales goals, thru great customer service.
Luxury Coach – Concord On. -May 2013 – To August 12th,2016 - Office Manager and Ground Transportation Specialist
• Office Management for CGS Tours (sister Company)
• Ground Transportation specialist
• Customer Service Representative
• Sales Cycle
Dallas Coach – Etobicocke On. - July 2007 to April 2013 - Office Manager
• Administer Office Daily Operations- inbound and outbound airport transfers and ground transportation services for groups.
• Sales (Exceeded sales quota) and Customer Service
• Attend Industry Meetings and Trade Shows
Cleo – Comark Bramalea City Centre – September 2005 – June 2007
• Assistant Store Manager
• Administer store daily operations (recruiting, training staff, store displays)
• Sales – sustained sales quota for the team and store overall
Bombay Company -October 1998 to August 2005
Started as a Sales Associate and my major achievement was to become Assistant Manager at the Trinity Common Location in Brampton and then Store Manager at the Erin Mills location in Mississauga.
Intercontinental Hotel – March 1991 to 1994
Front desk Receptionist – at Intercontinental Hotel Ciudad de Mexico
Marketing Representative at Intercontinental Hotel Ciudad de Mexico:
• Coordinate corporate rates program with large companies
• Setting up data base of customers
• Responsible for reaching monthly quota for seasonal room bookings
Manager of Groups and Conventions at Ixtapa Intercontinental Hotel -Guerero Zihuatanejo
• Responsible for managing all convention bookings
• Supervised 6 sales representatives
• Active participation in the development of the Marketing Program for All Inclusive
Professional Spanish/English Teaching Experience
During my 3 years of teaching, I was able to:
• Effectively collaborate with children, parents and other educational providers.
• Ability to support emotional, social and academic development.
• Maintained well controlled classrooms by clearly outlining standards and positive behaviours.
• Applied played-based strategies, including crafts and games to provide diverse approach to learning.
• Observed children to identify individuals in need of additional support.
-Instituto Internacional de Idiomas – Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico *September 1988 to September 1990
-Colegio Benavente-Tlanepantla, Mexico *September 1990 to September 1991
• BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration –Universidad del Valle de Mexico
• TICO License
• Languages: Spanish 100% and English 100% - Italian 40%
• Sheridan College Davis Campus Brampton - refreshment course of Microsoft Word, Excel 2007.
• Six month co-operation program with the Mexican Ministry of Tourism (FONATUR).
• Teacher of English Basic Diploma- Helen’s School July 1989
• American Express Inc. for six month Management Trainee Travel and Tourism Program.
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• French Beginners course at Sheridan College Mississauga 2019
References and Certificates available upon request
Volunteer Work and Professional Affiliations
• Ontario Motor Coach Association –(2011-2019) - volunteer at 2 Committees:
• Fund Development Committee
• New Membership Committee
• CARABRAM - Brampton's Multicultural Festival – Vice President ( 2011- To Present)
• The Rock School of Brampton - Volunteer Events organizer (2012 To 2015)
Adriana is a good teacher. She is too engaged with her students. Responsable and very patient. I highly recommend her .
Adriana is a kind and patient person. She always pays great attention to the people she interacts with. Her love for travel and her cultural knowledge make the conversations you have with her interesting. I would recommend Adriana to the other Superprof members because she is well organized and her smile is contagious!
Very good teacher, I love her classes and I have too much fun
Ella es una excelente maestra , tiene muchos años de experiencia dando clases , domina el Inglés te lo español , la respaldan más de 20 años en el idioma
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, grammar lessons for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$28||Not available||$28|
|5 hours||$130||Not available||$140|
|10 hours||$268||Not available||$280|