My teaching method is to focus on consistency and repetition, doing fun and engaging exercises to open up the creative mind and going over past papers.
I am a recent graduate with a 2:1 in English Literature and Language and relevant A-Levels in English Literature and History. I am looking to utilise my knowledge and skills learned during the course of my degree to help others.
• 2015-2018 University of Leeds, BA English Language and Literature (2:1)
• 2013-2015 Fortismere Sixth Form, A levels English Literature (A), History (A), Music (B), Art AS Level (B)
• 2011-2013 Parliament Hill School, GCSEs 1 A*, 7 As and 3 Bs
• September 2016 – Present The Gryphon Music Journalist
o Attended live music performances, wrote previews and reviews for them.
o Attending Latitude Festival 2018 to conduct interviews with musicians and write a review.
• September 2016 - May 2017 Sukeban Magazine Contributor
o Researched for, wrote and edited online content.
o Conducted interviews with talent we were featuring.
• June 2016 (1 month) HERO Magazine Editorial Intern
The majority of my work at HERO was to conduct research, curate article ideas and write articles on various topics including fashion (attended and covered LCM), music, art and film. Other tasks included:
o Communicated with PRs and conducted interviews for articles.
o Updated the magazine’s Trello calendar and made schedules for writers.
o Created a monthly newsletter using Mailchimp.
o Proofread and edited articles, and uploaded articles via WordPress.
o Attended team meetings.
o Administrative duties including handling post and analysing data with Excel.
• June 2014 (2 weeks) DVF London Showroom Intern
While working with this leading fashion designer’s London Showroom, I efficiently ensured the smooth running of it’s fact-paced and demanding environment. I dressed the models, kept clothing racks tidy and performed administrative duties, including answering the phone at reception and answering queries from clients.
• May - October 2014 (6 months) Little Hill People Social Media Intern
I blogged regularly on topics such as fashion, ethical fashion production and tribal culture, and I created press releases and sent them to magazines.
• November 2017 – June 2018 SMG Casual Hospitality & Concessions Staff
• April - September 2016 Campus Society Brand Ambassador
o Posted on multiple social media platforms to promote the brand and blogged on the site.
o Event organising and hosting.
• September 2015 - June 2016 University of Leeds Course Representative
I helped fellow students with queries or issues surrounding the course.
• January - September 2015 (9 months) Clarks Sales Associate
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Have worked extensively with Wordpress and Squarespace. SEO knowledge.
Volunteering with Leeds STAR society, helping refugees with their English on a weekly basis.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|