I will establish a fun, supportive, encouraging, and highly flexible atmosphere for all grade levels as I utilize a two-pronged learning experience which fuses together "Course Knowledge" with "Practical Application."
The first prong, "Course Knowledge," allows me to teach students an advanced understanding of the course material. Whereas, the second prong "Practical Application" teaches the student my proven strategies of application which ensures that advanced course knowledge will directly translate into high grades.
The "Practical Application" portion is the key, as many students understand the course material, however, when they are tested they have trouble converting all their hard work learning the course material directly into high grades. Most teachers overlook the fact many students understand the material quite well yet cannot convert this advanced knowledge directly into advanced grades.
I am a recent Graduate from the University of Toronto with a double major in Peace, Conflict, & Justice, and Criminology, in addition to a minor in Political Science. I finished my degree with High Distinction as I earned a 3.74/4.0 GPA, and was a Dean's List Scholar 4 years in a row. My average course grade was 83% and I received over $7,250 in funding including two separate scholarships for having the highest marks in my programs.
Rates depend on student level, in-person or online, duration of lessons, and number of lessons booked (negotiable rates)
EDUCATION & AWARDS
University of Toronto St. George — Honours Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction
‣ September 2015 - April 2019
‣ Undergraduate Degree with a double major in Criminology and Peace, Conflict, & Justice and a minor in Political Science
‣ CGPA: 3.74/4.0
‣ Dean’s List Scholar - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
‣ Magdalena Gryc Award - Highest Criminology CGPA
‣ Shannon L. Hamm Award - Outstanding performance in Peace, Conflict, & Justice while in financial need
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & VOLUNTEERING
‣ Peace, Conflict, & Justice Class Rep — 2019
‣ Peace, Conflict, & Justice Student Mentor — 2019
‣ Peace, Conflict, & Justice Annual Conference — 2018
‣ White Ribbon Service Learning Partnership— 2018
‣ Canadian Students for Sensible Drug Policy (CSSDP) Service Learning Partnership— 2018
‣ St. Paul Secondary School Assistant Basketball Coach— 2020
‣ Shelter Movers — 2020
‣ Canadian Red Cross — 2020
‣ Cdn. Criminal Record Check - CLEAR (available upon request)
Perfect! Understanding/ confident/ relatable
Perfect! Connor is a gem. He is patient and genuinely tries to understand the student's unique needs. he would be ideal for building longer-term student-teacher relationships that can also generate long term results.
Wow! Just finished my first session with Connor! It felt like we had know each other forever! He made me feel really confident and like the big assignments were really manageable and not that scary
I like the way he approaches the lesson and the way he speaks make me feel calm because he breaks everything down so well!
Connor was a great listener and came up with a plan for me immediately. He knew where to focus on and how to word things to make me feel confident and capable! Very kind, understanding and he really knows his stuff!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|