- Building confidence in students so that they take more risks in their learning
- Initial and ongoing assessment to identify students' needs
- Individualized programs to meet students' needs based on assessment
- Regular communication with parents and teachers to maximize students' learning
- 1-1 or small group classes depending on students' needs
- Qualified in all subject areas and levels - KG to Gr. 10
- Tutoring for struggling and gifted learners: below, at, or above grade level
- ESL Lessons will have oral (listening & speaking), reading, and writing components taught each day.
"Spark Learning helped my child increase his reading level from Gr. 1 to Gr. 3 in 5 months. Nina created an individualized program to meet my son's special reading needs. He worked with teachers for years before and they were unable to do what Nina could do in only 5 months. Thank you for all of your help! You will not find a better literacy specialist than this." ~ The O'Connor Family
"Perfect! My daughters had a great time, and enjoyed their classes with Nina. She is an excellent English tutor, skillful and friendly." ~ Nasser
I have been a teacher in the Surrey School District for 13 years and have taught all subjects and grade levels. Currently, I teach as a Learning Support Teacher, teaching struggling students reading, writing, and math skills, homework/project help, and test preparation.
I regularly attend professional development workshops in literacy (reading and writing) and math to ensure that I have the most current strategies to teach my students.
- ESL Specialist
- Reading Specialist
B Ed: UBC, 2007
BA: UBC, 2006
Rates may vary depending on students' individual needs.
$35/hour is a group rate.
Please contact me for individual rates.
Perfect! Nina is a very professionnel ESL tutor. Very active and positive to prépare for her class. We are an online school, she taught our three students at different English levels in one class through webcam. Her class was excellent.
It was a pleasure teaching for your school and teaching your students. Thank you for helping me learn about ClassIn. I look forward to teaching more classes.
Perfect! My daughters had a great time, and enjoyed their classes with Nina. She is an excellent English tutor, skillful and friendly.
It was a pleasure teaching your daughters. I recommend they continue practicing their English by speaking it to each other at home, watching English TV shows, and playing English word games like Scrabble.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||Not available||$35|