My teaching methodology is determined by the level of the learner. Basically, I will start by engaging the student and arousing their interest by explaining the concept or topic, then I will ask questions to make sure that the concept/topic has been understood. Next, I will do an exercise with the student and eventually I will assign some homework. At the end of each section, there will be a quiz to test whether the student learned what they were taught.
I am an English major with a bachelor's degree in English and French, a TESOL certificate from Oxford seminars Canada, I have written two post-graduate theses in English. I have also researched and written several administrative reports in the English language.
My cancellation policy is that the students notifies me at least 5 hours before the class.
KABAHENDA ROSE KIGGUNDU
3041 Quail Run Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1T 3S1, Canada
Tel.: (concealed information) / (concealed information)
Skype id: Kanyaka
Zoom id: (concealed information)
Education TESOL/TESL Certification (100 Hours)
Oxford Seminars Ottawa, Canada
College Certificate - Certificat d'initiation à la rédaction professionnelle
l'Université de Québec en Outaouais Gatineau, Canada
PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
Major: Politics and International Relations
School of Advanced Studies London, United Kingdom
Master of Science
Major: Family Studies
University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Canada
Bachelor of Arts
Major: English and French
Minor: Diploma in Education
Makerere University Kampala, Uganda
Work Senior Programme Officer (Subject matter-expert on Africa and the Middle East)
History Canada Border Services Agency Ottawa, Canada
April 2005 - December 2015 and 2017
• Screened and analyzed overseas and inland refugee applications for resettlement and immigration to Canada for national security concerns including terrorism and international human rights violations.
• Wrote recommendations, screening aids and specific-country risk indicators for Africa, Europe and the Middle East to assist decision-makers in assessing the admissibility of applicants based on national security criteria.
Research Officer (Subject matter expert on Africa)
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Ottawa, Canada
September 1990 - April 2005
• Planned, researched, analyzed and wrote short reports and issue papers on the causes of refugee movements, availability of state protection and internal flight alternatives in countries of origin of asylum seekers with emphasis on Africa.
• Maintained effective working relationships and liaisons with a variety of officials of foreign governments, including the U.S.A, Australia, Belgium and the United Kingdom, and various law enforcement.
Volunteer Board member
Experience Carty House Ottawa, Canada
May 2018 – present
• Oversee proper Management of the House.
• Approve policies and budgets.
• Participate in Fund-raising and Communications Committee and participate in other activities such as the gala.
Volunteer Interview Coach
World Skills Ottawa
May 2016-August 2019
• Participated in the "Interview Roulette" where I coached new immigrants (23-60 years-old from several countries in Middle East, China & Africa on how to prepare for interviews for the Canadian job market.
Ottawa Carleton Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO)
May 2013-December 2015
• Oversaw proper Management of OCISO.
• Participated in Amicos Sponsorship Committee.
• Participated in Immigrants Mentorship Program.
Additional Skills / Languages: French (Fluent), Swahili (Intermediate)
Interests: Reading, Writing, Travel, Photography
Skills: French (fluently bilingual English/French), Swahili (basic), excellent oral and written communication skills (Earned Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Gold (ACG) award), strong intercultural communication skills, rational decision making and coaching in the workplace.
Professional Memberships: Toastmasters International
References Available upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest exam prep- brevet lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$60|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$120|