My methodology is mixed depending on the level of understanding and comprehension of a student. Generally, I will use the presentation, practice and production methodology. I will first present the material and explain it, give a practice and homework exercises.
I recently graduated from Oxford Seminars with a certificate in teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Teaching English as a Second Language, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. However, I also have a doctoral degree Politics and International Relations.
3041 Quail Run Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1T 3S1, Canada
Tel.: (concealed information) / (concealed information)
Education TESOL/TESL Certification
Oxford Seminars Ottawa, Canada
College Certificate - Certificat d'initiation à la rédaction professionnelle
l'Université de Québec en Outaouais Gatineau, Canada
September 2012 - July 2015
PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
Major: Politics and International Relations
School of Advanced Studies London, United Kingdom
September 1995 - December 2002
Master of Science
Major: Family Studies
University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Canada
September 1985 - June 1989
Bachelor of Arts
Major: English and French
Minor: Diploma in Education
Makerere University Kampala, Uganda
June 1972 - October 1975
Work Senior Programme Officer
History Canada Border Services Agency Ottawa, Canada
April 2005 - December 2015 and 2017
• Screened and analyzed overseas and inland refugees’ applications for resettlement and immigration to Canada for national security concerns including terrorism and international human rights violations
• Wrote recommendations, screening aids and specific-country risk indicators on Africa, Europe and the Middle East to assist decision-makers in assessing the admissibility of applicants based on national security criteria.
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Ottawa, Canada
September 1990 - April 2005
• Planned, researched, analyzed and wrote short reports and issue papers on the causes of refugee movements, availability of state protection and internal flight alternatives in countries of origin of asylum seekers
• Maintained effective working relationships and liaisons with a variety of officials of foreign governments, including the U.S.A, Australia, Belgium and the United Kingdom, and various law enforcement.
Volunteer Board member
Experience Carty House Ottawa, Canada
May 2018 – present
• Oversees proper Management of the House
• Approves policies and budgets
• Participates on Fund-raising and Communications Committee and participates in other activities such as fund-raising and gala
Volunteer Interview Coach
World Skills Ottawa
May 2016-August 2019
• Participated in the "Interview Roulette" where I coached new immigrants from several countries in Middle East, China & Africa on how to prepare for interviews for the Canadian job market
Ottawa Carleton Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO)
May 2013-December 2015
• Oversees proper Management of OCISO
• Participate in Amicos Sponsorship Committee
• Participated in Immigrants Mentorship Program
Additional Skills / Languages: French (Fluent), Swahili (Intermediate)
Experiences Travel: Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Guadeloupe, Dominican Republic, China, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Britain, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa
Overseas Residences: None
Interests: Reading, Writing, Travel, Photography
Skills: French (fluently bilingual English/French), Swahili (basic), excellent oral and written communication skills (Earned Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Gold (ACG) award), strong intercultural communication skills, rational decision making and coaching in the workplace.
Professional Memberships: Toastmasters International
References Available upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|