My unique background, with experience in corporate finance as well as in academia, enables me to provide my students with a high quality learning experience. Being a chartered accountant with over a decade of experience in corporate finance at an MNC based in India coupled with experience of teaching Business English at the university level in France, I am aptly positioned to help you improve your command of Business English.
As a Business English teacher at the university, I taught to over 200 students for a total of over 400 hours in-classroom. I also taught general English at a middle school and a high school in France, to over 250 students for a total of over 280 hours.
My method revolves around understanding your needs and current level and tailoring the course to suit your requirements.
Who are the classes made for?
* Intermediate and advanced level students
* Students who want to to build up a stronger confidence and need help in their homework, assignments or preparing for tests, such as IELTS.
* Professionals, anyone from Canada and all around the world
Structure of the class: Course includes various activities and exercises to help achieve your goals. At the end of the class, depending on your availability, I may assign homework for 30 min to an hour.
My teaching methods / philosophy - I ensure a nice and friendly exchange to foster confidence in my student. I observe keenly to provide useful feedback.
One of our best! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and responds during the day. Ritika will plan your first lesson with care.
I taught Business English to over 200 students of Master’s 1st and 2nd year for a total of over 400 hours in-classroom. I also conducted over 45 conversation sessions in smaller groups. (2019-20)
Prior to that, I worked as an English language assistant at a middle school and a high school in France where I worked with 240 students between the ages of 14 and 20 and we focused on English conversations, and we also studied specific topics in more detail. (2018-19)
I have had over 11 years of experience in the field of finance and accounting. However, I wanted to explore careers and do something more people centric. I like having a positive impact on someone’s life and sharing my passion for languages. I started teaching English in 2018 and I really enjoy it.
Flexible cancellation policy : Full refund 24 hours prior to the session, 50% refund after.
Experienced English teacher in a reputed management school in France.
Chartered Accountant with experience of over eleven years in financial analysis, management reporting, project finance, working capital and process management.
Focused towards achieving results within agreed timelines. Reliable, organized, adaptable, team player and eager to learn. Advanced knowledge of French.
Business English Professor Sep 2019 – Aug 2020
IGR-IAE Business School, University of Rennes 1, France
• Taught Business English to over 200 students of Master’s, specialising in various management subjects including Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Audit and Accounting. Topics included Bankruptcy law in the USA, Employment law in the USA, Gig economy, Accounting scandals, Behavioural Finance, Terrorism Financing, Gender Pay Gap, Consumer Behaviour & Psychology, Corporate Social Responsibility, Talent Management, Advertising and Innovation.
• Taught bachelor’s 3rd year 50 students on formation of entity in the USA involving design thinking, legal structure of companies, recruitment, branding, marketing and advertising.
• Led nine conversation sessions on various topics mentioned above for students in groups of 8 each, for over 250 students.
English Language Assistant Oct 2018 – Apr 2019
Descartes Middle school and Jean Perrin Vocational High School, France
• Assisted six English teachers and tailored any support required as per the needs of middle school and high school students. Shared the nuances and culture of India with the students.
Manager - Finance (Projects) Dec 2014 – Sep 2018
Corporate Office, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Mumbai, India
• Managed Greenfield project of 75 villas in Andaman Islands amounting to $18 million, involving project accounting, management reporting, working capital and financial controls.
• Engaged with stakeholders in key discussions, advised senior management on project KPIs.
• Participated as a key member in tender approval meetings and evaluated bids, negotiated prices, ensuring all costs are identified and are within budgets.
Manager - Finance Sep 2010 – Nov 2014
Corporate Office, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Mumbai, India
• Led a team of six associates within the corporate’s accounts payable and receivable function, ensuring periodic financial closure.
• Prepared the performance review report for the quarterly board meetings, commenting on variance against budget.
Assistant Manager - Finance Apr 2007 – Aug 2010
Taj Wellington Mews Luxury Residences, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Mumbai, India
• Led a team of four associates. Planned, organized, controlled and evaluated daily operations.
• Prepared and presented the monthly financial performance report and quarterly financial statements along with supporting schedules for external auditors for the hotel unit.
• Managed accounts payable, involving approving invoices and overseeing payment. Managed receivables function involving advance, sales, credit, invoicing and debtors.
• Assisted in planning, budgeting and forecasting for the hotel unit. Collaborated with teams to prepare detailed workings of budget and quarterly forecasts.
Chartered Accountant Jul 2001 – Nov 2006
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Bachelor of Commerce Jul 2001- Mar 2004
University of Rajasthan, India
• ERP Oracle Applications - Oracle R12 and Hyperion. Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• English - Native; French - working knowledge with DELF B1; Hindi - Native
Exercising Leadership: Foundational Principles Ongoing
Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Valuation Certification Nov 2009
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
CPF tutoring volunteer Jan 2021 - Present
Canadian Parents for French
• Teaching French once a week to an Anglophone children of 6-14 years of age.
Fundraiser volunteer Sep 2020 - Present
Spelling Bee of Canada
• Promoting literacy among children of 6 to 14 years of age by helping the educational organization in fundraising for regional and national competition 2020.
Perfect! I really like my lessons with Ritika, she directs her lessons according to the points that I have to improve, and doesn't impose any subject on me. Which makes the lessons really interesting and even funny. I'm not bored and after several months I still enjoy participating.
Lucie is bright, motivated and focused. She explained her requirements very well in advance which enabled me to design the relevant lesson for her.
Perfect! I really feel like my vocabulary is improving and I feel more confident to speak in English. She is very patient, attentive and targets my needs well in order to improve as much as possible with each lesson.
Maxime listens attentively and quickly applies the new learning. She is motivated and puts in the required work.
Perfect! efficient and competent.
Camilia is motivated and confident. It was a pleasure connecting with her!
Perfect! Ritika is a really good teacher and a really nice person :) For my 1st lesson, she already gave me really good advised ! I'm very glad to have english courses with Ritika ! I would highly recommend her.
Erwan is highly motivated to improve his level of English. He has a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Perfect! Je fais des sessions avec Ritika depuis plusieurs semaines déjà. Je me suis tout de suite sentie entre bonnes mains avec elle et en confiance. Elle m’a mise à l’aise rapidement et soutient avec une grande efficacité mes apprentissages. Elle m’offre des corrections très pertinentes lorsque je parle à l’oral, elle m’offre des devoirs sur des sujets précis lorsque nous en ressentons le besoin (p.ex., sur de la grammaire) et le matériel pédagogique qu'elle utilise est très bien fait. Elle fait également des suivis fréquents avec moi sur mon appréciation du travail que nous faisons ensemble et ajuste nos sessions selon mes commentaires. Elle est également très professionnelle, toujours à l’heure, toujours très bien préparée, ce que j’apprécie énormément. J’ai beaucoup de plaisir à faire mes sessions avec elle et je sens que mes habiletés en anglais s'améliore rapidement. C’est donc sans hésitation que je la recommanderais à mes proches ou amis!
Laurence is wonderful. She communicates clearly and openly. She is motivated and curious to grasp new knowledge at an advanced English level. She is a quick learner too.
Perfect! Ritika is an excellent teacher. She carefully listened what is my goal and she prepared the material for me. She is kind and good listener as well.
Yoko is motivated, disciplined, curious and a keen learner. She participates actively in the class by asking relevant questions and paying attention.
Perfect! Ritika is an excellent teacher, very professional with a very good learning methodology. Thank you
Maxime is bright and intelligent. He explained his requirements very well which made it easy for me to plan my first lesson with him. What I liked particularly was his passion for everything he does and a quick learner that he is.
I had the opportunity to work with Ritika two years ago as she was a french assistant in our vocational school.
It was interesting the way she adapted to our only in english lessons and also the way she told us about her country of origine India.
We made a good team and the pupils loved listening to her with her little accent.
We also had the opportunity to exchange recipes from france and from India.
She also improved a lot in her speaking and writing French.
I would really recommend her as a teacher as she is also a great personality and an interesting person to have met both as a teacher and on a personal ground.
Teacher of english in france
Je reconnais Ritika parce qu’elle est dans la même classe de français que moi. C’est une participante dynamique, motivée, ponctuelle et régulière. Elle s’investit beaucoup dans son apprentissage et elle remet toujours ses tâches à temps. Je me suis toujours dit que si elle s’investit autant en tant qu’étudiante, c’est sûr qu’elle s’investira autant en tant que professeure. Elle est une personne organisée, respectueuse, soucieuse du travail bien fait. Elle respecte toujours les dates de remise des travaux. Elle pose toujours des questions pertinentes. J’ai appris à la connaître parce que souvent nous travaillons ensemble, nous faisons des présentations et nous discutons souvent des notions un peu abstraites. Je recommande Ritika parce que je sais qu’elle est une personne responsable, sérieuse, consciencieuse, dynamique, qui cherche toujours à s’améliorer et qui est professionnelle.
Really she is very nice teacher having very good skills and knowledge
Ritika is an awesome teacher. Her ability & willingness to understand the person's interest & then design the class accordingly is great. I would highly recommend her .
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest grammar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$32|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$160|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$320|