-Minimal equipment required (i.e. bodyweight, resistance bands, etc.)
-3-4 workouts per week
-Challenging you to achieve your desired results, while also helping you enjoy the process of becoming more fit, knowledgeable and confident in your abilities
-Helping you remain accountable to yourself and your goals.
BPhEd (Bachelor of Physical Education)
MEd (Master of Education)
CSEP-CPT (Certified Personal Trainer)
YMCA Group Fitness Leader (Strength, Indoor Cycling, Choreography)
Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Level C
15 Years experience in the fitness industry, as a Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor & Post-Secondary Educator.
Travel charge is $.35/km (to the student's home).
For example, if you live 30 km away from me, the rate is 30 km x $.35=$10.50 travel charge.
If you must cancel a session, please do so 24 hours prior to the scheduled session (at no charge).
If a session is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled session, you will be charged the full session rate. Thank you for understanding.
Highlights of Qualifications
• Dynamic Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Coordinator and Educator with 14 years of experience in the health and fitness industry.
• Outstanding builder of professional relationships with members, clients, colleagues, community partners and emerging fitness professionals.
• Enthusiastic personal and group activator with vibrant communication skills
• Educator of the Year Nominee at Niagara College, 2012
• Master of Education Degree (MEd) from Brock University
• Bachelor of Physical Education Degree (BPhEd) from Brock University
• Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT), Group Fitness Leader (YMCA), Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Level C Rescuer
Professional Skills and Accomplishments
Fitness Instruction, Training, and Coordination
• As both a Group Fitness Instructor and Certified Personal Trainer, I have facilitated hundreds of group fitness classes and thousands of personal training sessions over the past 14 years; in a multitude of settings, with diverse members and clientele. I have done so as an Instructor/Trainer at prominent Niagara fitness facilities, including; YMCA of Niagara, The Club at White Oaks, Kinetic Synergy and Niagara College
• Similarly, as a Freelance Fitness Entrepreneur, I have offered personal and group training, outdoor fitness programming and fitness leadership consulting, while conducting all associated business functions such as; marketing, sales, community outreach, client recruitment and retention, website development, etc.
• As a freelance fitness professional, I have partnered with corporate clients to deliver workplace fitness classes, health promotion initiatives and educational programs, while promoting, leading and managing all aspects of my business.
• As Fitness Coordinator with the YMCA (2005-2007) and again in 2017, I demonstrated compassionate leadership through recruiting, training and coaching a staff and volunteer team of fitness professionals
• During my time as Fitness Coordinator, I also co-created the Youth Fit Program for youth aged 10-13, and co-developed and co-facilitated a ground-breaking twelve week Corporate Fitness Challenge in which 60 participants across 12 regional businesses engaged in regular exercise as a team to raise funds for local charitable organizations.
Fitness Program Management, Leadership and Community Outreach
• As Regional Manager of Health and Fitness, I was responsible for leading the strategic direction, design and implementation of health and fitness services across 6 YMCA membership centres in Niagara.
• Collaborated with Niagara Region Public Health to develop, market and launch a region-wide health, fitness and nutrition education program, called YMCA Kick Start in 2017.
• Coordinated field placement opportunities for over 60 second-year Fitness and Health Promotion students at 25 agency partners throughout Niagara and Southern Ontario, with Energy Fitness being a prominent partner.
• Built and strengthened relationships with host agency partners including; school boards, community organizations, health systems and private businesses, while seeking out fresh new opportunities for development of field placement experiences for students.
• Identified needs of regional health and fitness industry employers through program reviews, while designing and delivering professional development to address them.
Teaching and Program Development
• As a Post-Secondary Educator in the Fitness and Health Promotion Program at Niagara College, I delivered innovative and engaging learning sessions in classroom, lab, field placement and on-line formats to hundreds of students annually, and was selected as an Educator of the Year nominee in 2012, by students. Classes frequently taught included; Leadership and Counselling, Group Exercise Leadership, Fitness Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Introduction to Wellness and physical fitness lab classes for emergency services students.
• Mapped curriculum and created a new first-year class for the Fitness and Health Promotion Program, called “Valuing Health Living” launched in 2015.
Personal Trainer | Group Fitness Instructor 2018
Kinetic Synergy Fitness & Wellness Studio Welland, Ontario
Co-Curricular Engagement Coordinator 2017-2018
Brock University St. Catharines, Ontario
Regional Manager, Health and Fitness | Fitness Coordinator 2016-2017
YMCA of Niagara Niagara Region, Ontario
Personal Trainer | Group Fitness Instructor 2015-2017
4C Fitness (self-employed) Niagara Region, Ontario
Field Placement Coordinator | Part-Time Instructor 2010-2016
Niagara College Canada, Fitness and Health Promotion Welland, Ontario
Group Fitness Instructor 2007-2011
The Club at White Oaks Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
Fitness Coordinator | Fitness Team Leader 2004-2007 YMCA of Niagara Welland and Niagara Falls, Ontario
Education and Professional Training
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology, Welland, Ontario
• Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT) 2012-Present
YMCA Canada, Welland, Ontario
• Certified Group Fitness Leader
(Group Strength, Group Cycle, Group Choreography, Aquatic Fitness) 2006-Present
• Certified Indoor Cycling Instructor 2005-Present
Canadian Red Cross, Welland, Ontario
• Standard First Aid / AED and CPR Level “C” Rescuer 2006-Present
Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario
• Master of Education Degree (MEd) 2014
Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario
• Bachelor of Physical Education Degree (BPhEd) 2003
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$48||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$45||$400|