I have a relational approach to teaching and prefer to discern how to teach once I get to know the student. I like to be as practical as possible and build skills rather than to simply teach to a test. I believe that this is the best way to do well on any test.
I am open to teaching adults and young students.
I am a graduate of the University of Toronto who majored in English Literature and Religion and have been an Adult ESL instructor for 4 years. I am eager to help elementary, high school or adult students improve their English for whatever purposes they need.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR • NOV 2018 - PRESENT
YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD — GREATER TORONTO AREA
• Created adaptable and engaging lessons, activities, and assessments to accommodate multi-level classes while being able to improvise.
• Built excellent rapport with students and facilitated communicative learning with positive feedback from students.
ENGLISH Language Instructor at International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) • Sept 2017 - Nov 2018
- Taught beginner, advanced, and academic English courses.
- Adapted and taught academic content in an engaging, interactive and communicative manner.
- Built excellent rapport with students and facilitated communicative learning with positive feedback from students and supervisors.
1. ESL Instructor • July 2019, Kyrgyzstan
- Helped create and run an English camp to teach everyday English to students ranging from 4 to 16 years old
2. Educational Training Coordinator • May 2011, CAMBODIA
- Collaborated and trained local teachers at an orphanage in learning and teaching styles to develop professional effectiveness
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|