My teaching technique for 1 on 1 tutoring is to encourage student led learning by listening carefully to what the student needs/requires, and addressing them. I tackle gaps in learning (fundamentals) and build up to where the student wants to be.
I am a Research Scientist working in vaccine research (HIV and FLU). I have a PhD and masters in Immunology. I tutored and mentored undergraduate and high school students during my post grad, and tutor high school students at present
The first lesson/consultation would be for 30 minutes
Postgraduate Research in Neuroimmunology (PhD) 2015
Queen Mary, University of London, U.K
MSc. Molecular and Biomedical Immunology 2000
University of East London, U.K
BSc. (Hons.) Botany 1997
University of Benin, Nigeria
Education Co-ordinator 2018 – present
Academy for Mathematics & English
• Supervising tutors during tutoring sessions at the academy
• Preparing Course outlines for students and reviewing student progress reports to ensure regular progress is being made
Tutor 2017 – present
• Tutoring Maths and Chemistry to high school students
• Tutoring Maths, reading, comprehension and grammar to elementary students
Scientist 2015 – 2018
OvaScience. Toronto, Canada
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Interfacing with international multiple functional matrix teams to ensure smooth running of our processes.
• Transfer of technology across laboratories which involves training of personnel, feasibility studies and report writing.
Teaching Assistant 2014 – 2015
Safa British School. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Supported learning activities for Year 1 students (class and small groups) in a British International School
• Provided extra help to children with special needs or ESL
• Developed programs of learning activities and adapted appropriate materials for lessons
• Assisted with marking and correcting work
• Encouraged and motivated students.
Senior Scientist 2006 – 2007
Emergent Biosolutions. Berkshire, U.K
• Investigated pre-clinical development of vaccine candidates against group B Streptococcus (GBS) under GLP standards.
• Supervised and trained junior research staff.
Research Scientist/Study Director 2005 – 2006
Retroscreen Virology. London, U.K
• Actively recruited participants in phase I clinical trials for vaccines against Influenza, and immunogenicity testing of trial samples.
• Involved in study and project management from start (proposal) to allocation of resources and tasks, and to completion (final report writing).
Perfect! I will recommend Ese, she's patient and has structured a learning path suited for my Daughter
The student is very organized and eager to learn and improve on her learning. She is a pleasure to tutor.
Excellent! Patient and gentle, allowing my son to pace the lesson based on his learning style. She explains things well and then allows him to figure things out, with encouragement, when he is able. At other needed times she steps in with further direction or instruction. I'd recommend her!
The student was easy to tutor. It was great navigating him through his unit and helping him apply and improve on the knowledge he already has.
Esi doesn't only focus on teaching, she also focuses on building her student's confidence, and their strengths, this eventually brings out the best in them. She is delightful to have as a Tutor.
Ese has been teaching my daughter for over 4 months now and couldn’t be happier with her. She’s knowledgeable and helpful! I recommend her 100%
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$40||Not available|
|5 hours||$40||$40||Not available|
|10 hours||$35||$35||Not available|